My Bad Old School Days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bad Old School Days.

I spent much of my childhood at a draconian boarding school on the outskirts of Sydney. It was run by the Masons as my deceased father had been a Mason. There were few enjoyments at this school. It was very regimented and strict with a cane whip across the bare bum should you step out of line. Needless to say I tried to be on my best behaviour. But not always. I had the welts from those canings for days after. We were only permitted family visits once a month which was no where near enuff for a 7 year old boy or my big brother (4years older) who had recently lost their father. On occasions if you had too many demerit points your time with family was curtailed with you having to do detention instead. That was very hard to take and I cried as I polished the floors while my mother was only 200 metres away. The only entertainment we had was a once a month movie nite and 1 whole hour of television on week nites and 2 hours weekends. Most of our free time was spent on the expansive playing fields. I was a huge supporter of the famous St George Rugby League Club which held the world record for most premierships won at the time. I grew up emmulating Billy Smith and Johnny Raper on those grassy fields. My old boarding school is now a wedding reception venue. Should have been razed to the ground.
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 29-11-2017, 00:12.
Working...
X