Box games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box games

Not exactly a board game this, but can anyone remind me of the name of those little self-contained plastic box games from around the 70s? There were all sorts but I particularly remember the basketball, golf and fishing versions. The golf game had 3 or 4 sections that you could fit together, complete with hazards, and a little golfer who could swing at little ball bearings.
    Ring any bells?
    Many thanks!

Re: Box games

Yes they were called Pocketeers, available on eBay!

Comment

Monopoly is a favourite with my family, i enjoyed Game Of Life and Atmosphere with my friends. And there's the classic Draughs/Drafts, never knew how this game is spelt!

Comment

Agree on Monopoly Nugs. Loved being the tycoon with props in Mayfair, Park Lane etc. As I am a bit of a general knowledge nut I also enjoy Trivial Pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          Agree on Monopoly Nugs. Loved being the tycoon with props in Mayfair, Park Lane etc. As I am a bit of a general knowledge nut I also enjoy Trivial Pursuit.
          I was always the banker Donny, i always used to nick a few quid when no one was looking!!

Comment

I remember in the mud 70s playing a table football game with my uncle. You hade to rotate two knobs to make the players rotate. They had a side bar that allowed them to strike the ball. Also the plastic pitch was not level but had dips. I think it was called Carson.

Comment

There was Roulette, and Jackpot - I really liked the coloured plastic that was around them - Roulette was green, and Jackpot was yellow.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X