Mountain toy.... One step closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain toy.... One step closer

Hi to everyone that is helping me find this Mountain toy....

Today i had a lead. I now belive the little men were call Action Mac figures. Anyone know of these.

Please let me know if you have heard. This is the only lead i have.http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/actionmac0.shtml

Thanks for all you time.

Re: Mountain toy.... One step closer

On previous thread,you said they were NOT Action Mac
    I have searched them before and not found a lot,but Ebay throws a few up every now and again. will keep looking

Comment

Im Sorry Daz, My head has been in a spin since i took up this search.

So you know of them? In you memory, are they as discribed. I cant belive it, im excited about this now...

Got to get my hands on one....

Thanks for all your effort your putting in...

Comment

Was only reminded myself of these recently.There is a big secondhand store in my town that sells all manner of 70's odds and sods, I'll have a look in there,I know I have seen them somewhere

Comment

Thanks so much Daz.

A cash reward will wing its way to you if you locate one...

Cheers....

Comment

Thinks Daz does it for the LOVE not the MONEY
            Heather

Comment

Too right

Comment

I believe you are referring to the MAC (Mobile Action Command) men mountain!

I had one of these myself years ago for my birthday and remember it being huge. I then went on to collect all the vehicles in this picture and some others (I still have some I believe at my folk's house):

The first one I got was the Police car after having to return my James Bond Lotus Esprit as the axle broke and my father forbade me from buying another "shoddy effort". I remember seeing cheap copies in some cheapo shops that were made of a rubbish plastic and didn't have the MAC emblem on their chests.

A little more information can be found at http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/macmenindex.shtml

Oh, and someone is selling five of the vehicles on eBay currently (the jeep was my fave).

HTH and Hi all BTW.
                Last edited by Mulletino; 02-03-2007, 08:31. Reason: added eBay link

Comment

Mac men,told ya!

It was one of those I had,not an Action Jack as I previously thought.
                  http://www.strafe.com/mac/

I had Mc-5 Helicopter, cost about 45p I think (circa1975)

Oh and Mulletino..great first post..welcome to DYR!!
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 03-03-2007, 01:54.

Comment

Guys you have been great. Got my bid in for the cars and winning... Yeehaa

Found a moutain for sale from USA. Not new to ebay so am a bit unsure.

I am going to get the whole collection if it kills me and then one day give it to my son as a suprise. I can can bet you this, i will play more than he does...

Once again, To Daz you have been a great help and to Mulletino if you do have this item in a loft somewhere, please let me know.... Thats if you are happy to let it go.

From a grown man with a tear in his eye, thanks to you all....

Snazaro

Comment

Love a happy ending
                      Heather

Comment

Ditto..what this thing is all about
                        I had memories of stuff (I.E, Havoc dolls),that got no hits on the net and assumed maybe I had dreamt them..
                        the net has moved on since the the days I was searching out my childhood memories..I started on the Net in 1995,and let me tell you, it was a smaller place. (most on 33k dial up, the rest on either 28 or the pros on 56k)
                        It was expensive and not many had a scanner or such to document things)
                        It was only by chance that I saw a TV documentry about some guy and during his talk an image of Havoc flashed up on the screen.
                        From then on,I knew to trust my memory..things will be vague,but if you can remember a circa date and a brief description,SOMEONE will know.

Last edited by sixtyten; 03-03-2007, 20:02.

Comment

To the OP if he's still about:

Someone is selling lots of the vehicles on eBay with about 5 days to go, link here.

Comment

Working...
                          X