what did we do on a sunday evenings as kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did we do on a sunday evenings as kids

i remember sunday evenings were bath night, my mum used to run us a bath put are nightys by the gas fire, and we came down in our towels and sat by the fire all snug,
    sigpic

Re: what did we do on a sunday evenings as kids

Yep us too, sunday night was the one night we Had to have a bath, like it or not, (week days we got a choice). after a sunday tea,sandwiches,jelly,and a peice of cake, think it was also darling buds of may night for a while,and going back before that the muppet show. Nothing like putting warm p'j's on.hummmm.
    Heather

Comment

Sunday nights was always the chart rundown in the 70s/80s,so I was always glued to the radio on those nights. Saturday night was bath night

Comment

Thursday night was top of the pops night, for our weekly chart run down.
        Heather

Comment

I never missed TOTP as a child, finally gave up on it in the late 80's

Comment

didnt they replace the presenters with a voice over at one time? thats what ruined it for me.
            Heather

Comment

It was the presenters that ruined it!!
              I didn't mind the Radio 1 lot doing it,but when they started using other people and guest presenters it was rubbish.I haven't even heard of the people who were presenting it recently.

Comment

Ours was Bath & sandwiches too, not at the same time I hasten to add. We generally had a tin of fruit cocktail with either carnation milk or if we were really lucky Angel Delight

Comment

Ours was bath and nails cut ( i hated that) then we'd have sandwhiches from left over meat from the sunday roast, and would sit watching Songs Of Praise, or one of the children's classics like Little Lord Fontelroy(sp?) ,the Phoneix and The Ashes or The Prince and The Pauper.

Comment

Sunday night was my least favourite of the week. When I was very small, I hated the fact that my mum wasn't home for my bedtime (she went to church). From the age of about 12, I got dragged into the church routine myself, and I was always bored to tears, and resentful of spending the last few hours of my weekend doing something that didn't interest me - and on top of that I felt guilty that I didn't believe in what I was hearing, and guilty that I didn't like going...

There were also far too many Sundays spent frantically finishing homework by torchlight after I went to bed, because I hadn't done it earlier in the weekend.
                    The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Sundays for me were bath and charts, usually the taping of my favorite tunes, nowadays its my kids baths and Heartbeat......

Comment

Roman Catholic household with a strict Catholic step-dad!!!!! Need I say any more?
                        sigpic
                        Mrs Oggy
                        ~~~*~~~*~~~
                        Count your friends amongst the stars....
                        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

I'm from a Roman Catholic Household too. Going back to Junior School days - Used to have sandwiches and tea, then bath night for school next day, Me mam used to warm our pyjamas infront of the fire (this was before central heating). Then we;d watch Last of the summer wine, and antiques road show,and I think Howards way used to be on. I'd get sent to bed first and be allowed to read for half an hour (usually half 7 or 8).

When I got to secondary school, it was bath,Jeeves and Wooster then Londons Burning, Spitting Image or Hale and Pace and bed.

oooh just had a thought, did thays life used to be on on sundays or was it fridays can't remember, but i was allowed to watch that when got older.
                          "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I seem to remember thats life being on a Sunday too
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                              I seem to remember thats life being on a Sunday too
                              Yip. It was all about 'Open All Hours' for me though, seem to remember that being on after bath and before bed.
                              "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

Working...
                              X