RIP John Inman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP John Inman

John Inman god bless him, he's a free spirit now, my sister met him once said he was a lovely bloke.

Re: John Inman

it is a shame, great bloke.

Comment

Hope you got the fluffy pink cloud you hoped for John. Sleep well dear heart.
      sigpic
      Mrs Oggy
      ~~~*~~~*~~~
      Count your friends amongst the stars....
      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Are You Being Served was one of the best sit coms & John Inman made it what it was, a timeless classic and still funny today.

R.I.P. John Inman. Measuring inside legs in heaven and making them laugh by telling them "it will ride up with wear".

God bless.
        sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

He will be greatly missed.... a comic great. RIP John. x
          If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

R.I.P John. Loved AYBS as a kid and still a classic today

Comment

god bless John, R.I.P. fantastic entertainer.
              Heather

Comment

Great Entertainer, God Bless your Soul.
                "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I first met John Inman, in Great Yarmouth at the Britannia Pier, Great Yarmouth in his show "I'm Free!". I over the years have had the pleasure of meeting him not only in the theatre but also privately. The last time we met was a few years ago in Blackpool, at the Grand Theatre, I can't remember who he was appearing with. I found him a very nice man. He was one of the best dames in pantomime. In fact I would put him in the highest regard such as Dan Leno etc. He was one of the most well respected actors that you could enjoy to watch him work. As a person that met the man thirty years ago, he was a true professional. And he will be greatly missed by all his friends and colleagues, who had the pleasure of working with him.
                  Bye,
                  Bernard.

Comment

In the mid 80's John Inman visited NZ and made a few of public appearances at one of these some idiot in the crowd started shouted abusive remarks at him. John was totally unshaken by this and kept it together throughout. Later that same evening he did a guest spot on a radio station. He was supposed to take calls and asnwer questions about his life / work etc however the whole hours slot was bombarded with people ringing in who just wanted to tell him how marvellous he was and wanted to apologize for the treatment he had received from that one individual. The station switch board was jammed with people wanting to apologize. I remember listening to the interview and still recall him saying "I can't believe this. This is like a whole country apologizing for the behaviour of one person !"

Comment

Working...
                    X