70's sweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's sweets

Who still daydreams about 'sweet tobacco', chewing nuts, pink panther choc bars, chocolate tools, aniseed balls, and floral gums??????? luv 2 hear from u!!

Re: 70's sweets

hehe! i hate coconut but i remember getting the sweet tobacco and sucking the flavour out before throwing the rest away
    is it me or did the sweet tobacco actually smell like a bag of fresh golden virginia? its probably me . . . .

Comment

Loved the sweet tobacco and saw it being sold loose in a shop last weekend. One of those shops that sold the old fashioned sweets in the large jars. Only thing was some of the sweets looked as though they had been there since the 70's, shame they had some really good ones as well.

Comment

i used to like the rice paper, different coloured sheets. was 2p a sheet in our corner shop, they used to have a 1/2 penny sweet tray too
        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Funnily enough I went into a cornershop this morning which was selling edible rice paper, not seen that for years

Comment

They sell the edible rice paper at our local co-op,the kids ask for it now and again, but I have to say it's pretty tastless now, I loved it as a kid, thought adults would think I was really eating real paper.LOL
            Heather

Comment

heya, not sweets exactly but i loved haunted house and dalek ice lollies YUM YUM.......and i really loved stuff called NESTLE SWEETHEART it came in a tin in strawberry raspberry or pear and looked like fruit puree , you put it in a bowl n filled the tin up with milk n added it to the fruit n stirred really quickly n had this fab instant fruity pud oh my! id love some i can still taste it......also big t round bread... meri mate juice in a tube.....catch bars original or minty..........birds eye grillers........the list goes on!!!!! xx

Comment

Haunted House Lollies!!!!

They are the blue-ish coloured ones with a red inner?
                Now i`m feeling old! I must have been really young the last time i had one of those! Heh, heh.. happy day!

Comment

I forgot about those... made our tongues really blue!
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

I think spangles were the best,and who remembers tutti frutties?

Comment

Spangles were good, loved the Old English Spangles as well. Remember Tutti Fruities, why did they stop making them? Unless companies went bust, can never understand why they did that - they were all popular sweets:cry: .

Comment

Originally posted by kabrluja77 View Post
                        Who still daydreams about 'sweet tobacco', chewing nuts, pink panther choc bars, chocolate tools, aniseed balls, and floral gums??????? luv 2 hear from u!!

Loved chewing nuts and sweet tobacco, does anyone remember "IMPS"
                        they were tiny squares of very strong hard liquorice and were sold in small boxes - have done a search on them, but cannot find anything on them (where are you Daz and Oggy - search Kings of DYR!! )

Another sweet I remember and you use to be able to buy them loose, was small soft chewy toffee lumps with coconut mixed in the toffee - can't remember what they were called, really nice though

Comment

Tutti Fruities? I had some the other days!

Imps
                          http://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/swe...d=17&swtid=147

Comment

are they the little round,flat one side jellys covered in sugar
                            Heather

Comment

No, thats Jelly Tots

Comment

Working...
                              X