Discipline out the window??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discipline out the window??

Well from various other threads about the kids of today and nostalgic reminders of what we had when we grew up, there was never a doubt that we also had the discipline to go with it!!

What was the main disciplines in your lives and did you EVER pull a fast one to get out of it!!

Did you pretend it was worse than it ACTUALLY was, so they would use that one again (there was a lot worse, but they didn't realise it ).

1 posting at a time please, the more disgusting the crime, the better!!

Will start off with a minor offence:

If me or my brothers were ever caught swearing, picking our noses etc...
    we were made to wash our mouths out with soap (bet the youngsters of today don't realise that old saying "Go And Wash Your Mouth Out With Soap" was a true discipline lol - or was it just in our family!!).

After the first couple of times and because our parents believed we would do as we were told, we were left to take ourselves off to the bathroom and do the dreaded deed. What we really did was wet the soap, wipe a bit round our lips and come out (pretend) gagging.

Or were we naive and our parents had seen through it all along??

Come on now be honest lol

Also got any opinions on the different levels of discipline from our era's to those of today??
    Last edited by ceg56; 14-03-2007, 01:52.

Re: Discipline out the window??

ooops didnt see this one.... mega apologies.
    I suppose the worst for me was not being allowed to stay at Nan's after biting my half brothers bum when he had farted in my face.
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

LOL

Think you deserved a medal to have suffered that. Was bought up with 4 brothers, but then I soon learnt to be as gross as them and stand my ground!!

Comment

Oh I can still out gross the guys when it comes to flatulence! Just ask Oggy!
        sigpic
        Mrs Oggy
        ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

LOL!!

Well if we are going to be honest here, I am good competition and we still play "those" games several decades on and would be worried if they stopped!!

Comment

now aint that true Ceg... I guess kids nowadays dont know what real fun is.
            One of my most treasured childhood memories is playing at rolling down the grassy hill behind our estate with my brother one hot summer day. We hadnt known until it was too late that the farmer had had his cows in that field at dawn prior to milking. It wasnt me that rolled in something high and stinking! hehehehe gawd that was a really good memory
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

LOL thats funny!!!

Can remember on walking down a main road with one of my brothers and he saw a "Potato" about 30 foot ahead of us. Took a run at it to see how far he could kick it and turned out to be a big fat fresh turd!! We both remind each other now and again decades later!! They say good memories last .

Comment

Ok I will fess up to this one..... only Oggy and the kids know about this one.
                Saturday mornings Paul and I would get to choose a 10p bag of mix up at the post office sweet counter. Now I would try to make mine last while Paul would go for the sugar rush and scoff the lot before we got home. Well this usually ended up with being made to share what I had left with him. So as you can imagine I got rather peeved about having to do this. Now one day I had had enough and hid most of my sweeties in my bedroom and going into the garden found the biggest slug I could find and put that in the bag with a couple of smaller sweets... the psychology being Paul would always choose the biggest sweetie first..... Can you appreciate the feeling of utter joy hearing him screaming his head off when he realised that the huge orange jelly slug was actually a live one? The real beauty was that as I have a complete fear of slugs, my mother 'knew' that I wouldnt have done something so bad and told Paul off for making things up esp as there were other sweeties left in the bag including one orange coloured genuiine jelly snake!
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

LOL

Serves him right (Sorry Oggy, but you need to buy your other half more sweeties!!).

Hate them big slimey b**t***s myself and cannot see the point of their existence - ugh!! - (talking about the slugs!!! )

Comment

nothing like a bit of girlpower LOL. Good one.

P.S momma what have you done with oggy??? not seen him on for days, dont tell me he's crossed you as well.
                    Heather

Comment

Poor Devil has been tied to the artboard designing the new logos/ business cards/ merchandise for the support group. Will give him your regards.
                      sigpic
                      Mrs Oggy
                      ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X