Atomic Man & Intruder (Action Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Man & Intruder (Action Man)

Anyone had an Atomic Man by Action Man? He was a black character with a black overall on, he had a clickable pacemaker on his chest which was supposed to power him up he also had a flashing eye. The eye was just a piece of clear plastic that came from his eye to the top of his head which allow light to shine down and if you covered the top of his head it blocked the light. (A bit like fibre optic). Atomic Man was my fave Action Man ever!
    Now, Intruder! He was like a big He Man style character and I think he was Action Man's enemy or something, he wore a kind of strange leather harness with studs on it (hehe!) it was actually moulded into the plastic of his body. His ace card was he had massive arms that would open on a push of a button in his back and close when you released it and it was called his 'bear hug' which could crush Action Man.
    Hope someone remembers these two Action Man series characters as no-one believes me that I had 'em.

Re: Atomic Man & Intruder (Action Man)

From my Nostalgia file..
    Last edited by sixtyten; 22-03-2007, 22:50.

Comment

blimey Daz how do you find them so quickly???
      Heather

Comment

I already had the picture in my "file" as I used to have one!!
        When these were available in the shops, there was also another..Bulletman!!

he was ****!

Comment

hehe! You've done it again!
          Yeah! The Atomic Man helicopter hand! I forgot about that

Comment

I had the Atomic Man and he was cool in my opinion. Palitoys attempt to create a Kenner Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man. Bullet Man was plain ridiculous. I also bought at the time the black action man called TOM STONE that was in camouflage uniform and beret, he had the most coolest weapon being a Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine gun. I guess its a sign of the times with Diversity to day that we are more aware of racial stereotyping and to call him TOM STONE was quite appaling, Uncle TOM?? I like your pictures, wicked adn i guess Bullet Man is very rare, nice find my friend.

Comment

http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/ is an awesome Action Man site I stumbled across last year on my (frequent) retro travels.

Remember "Rom"?

he even had his own comic book at one point!

Comment

Originally posted by belloq View Post
                I had the Atomic Man and he was cool in my opinion. Palitoys attempt to create a Kenner Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man. Bullet Man was plain ridiculous. I also bought at the time the black action man called TOM STONE that was in camouflage uniform and beret, he had the most coolest weapon being a Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine gun. I guess its a sign of the times with Diversity to day that we are more aware of racial stereotyping and to call him TOM STONE was quite appaling, Uncle TOM?? I like your pictures, wicked adn i guess Bullet Man is very rare, nice find my friend.

My parents came from Sri Lanka, and up until reading this it never crossed my mind-and Im from an ethnic background.....! I dont think it was a 'racial' thing at Palitoy, rather that they wanted Action Man to remain one character with a singular ethnicity ie white. Market forces probably dictated that in the UK at the time....however must say that as a kid I really wanted a 'brown' Action Man (like me) with fuzzy black hair.....recently I fulfilled my dream by buying to repro black 1960s style G.I.JOE dolls and sending the heads off to a guy in the USA and he flocked their heads-ones bearded, ones clean shaven....looking at them its a kind of what if Palitoy had had the guts to make Action Man in all ethnicities....they should have as even my Mum once told me that had they done so she'd much rather have bought a doll like me....lol.

However, must say, Ive never seen Action Man as 'white' I just see him as Action Man.....

Comment

i remember getting atomic man as a birthday present and recently managed to acquire one through e-bay, with all functions working including helicopter blade and eye intact. pity his one leg was a silly idea mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X