Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80's (maybe 70's) kids ghost film on TV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's (maybe 70's) kids ghost film on TV.

Hi all!

Hope someone can help me on this one... it's been bugging me for years now, and can't remember the title!

Basically, I remember watching a film (twice) on TV as a kid. I'm sure it that on both occasions it was shown on a Sunday morning (can't remember which channel).

I don't remember a great deal about it, but for some reason I always remember watching it.. and would like to get a copy to watch again.

Hopefully these key points might jog someone's memory and give me some clues..

> It was about some children who found a ghost of a boy in some hills (maybe some kind of mine).

> may have been a scene based around a sea-front or fairground (not too sure on this bit tho)

If anything else comes to me, I'll let you know, but that's all I remember really.

Cheers.

Re: 80's (maybe 70's) kids ghost film on TV.

After another search for this movie, I think I may... just may... have found the title!

I found a few reviews of HAUNTERS FROM THE DEEP (1984), and think this sounds awfully similar. However, I cannot find a copy to watch anywhere - not even a trailer!

So... although I may have found the title, I can only begin my treasure hunt to find a copy! If anyone can help, then please let me know

PS: I believe this film was made by the Childrens Film Foundation in the UK.

Comment

Here are a couple of links that may help.

TV Cream The Children’s Film Foundation
      Scroll down about half way. The film is listed.

BFI | Film & TV Database | Children's Film Foundation
      It should be listed on this page but at a quick glance, I can't seem to find it. Worth further investigation though.

Comment

Thanks for the links, although it was nowhere to be found on the 2nd link.

I found the IMDB entry, and I'm pretty sure it's the same film now... can't wait to see it again - it's always been in the back of my mind since I saw it as a young kid, which no other movie seems to have done since!

And as a bonus Marine Boy, it's filmed down your neck of the woods in Cornwall!

Comment

If anyone is interested, 'Haunters from the Deep' is available on DVD with 2 other CFF films in a collection called 'Children's Film Foundation Collection: Scary Stories.' It has also been shown several times on the 'Talking Pictures' channel on Sky and Freeview, so it will probably turn up there again.

Comment

Working...
          X