Duran Duran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duran Duran

Who did you like most,my fave was John Taylor.

Re: Duran Duran

JT was,back in the day

Comment

i dont think anyone singularly stood out but as a band together they are fantastic

Comment

i like the spin off bands that Duran Duran spawned.

Arcadia and the power station........great 80's music

Comment

Duran Duran were pretty successful. I guess the 80s wasn't the best period for Rock though with all the cheese that flooded the charts, nothing else barely got a look in. But as far as the New Romantics go, Duran Duran emerged through it all.

Comment

My favourite was always Roger Taylor. The others looked a bit 'pretty' for me.
            ...chilli...

Comment

Been a 'Duranie' myself since 1982, when I got 'Hungry Like the Wolf' 7" single for my 9th birthday.

Only managed to see the original line-up once, on the reunion tour in 2004, but have my tickets to see them in May for the new tour opener at Newcastle Arena.

MJ

Comment

I was a little bit too young to properly like Duran Duran but I like their music. I know one was a local lad (don't know which one) and he owned a bar in Whitley bay. If we drove past it my dad always muttered "him out of Duran Duran owns that"
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  I was a little bit too young to properly like Duran Duran but I like their music. I know one was a local lad (don't know which one) and he owned a bar in Whitley bay. If we drove past it my dad always muttered "him out of Duran Duran owns that"
                  Aye, that was the original guitarist, Andy Taylor, born in Cullercoats.

He did indeed open a bar at the bottom corner of North and South parade, in Whitley Bay, and called it 'Rio Bar'. Didn't last long, and he lost money on it.

Never saw them live in the 80's with him in the group, but as mentioned, he was back in the line up in 2004.

The new album is a return to their early 80's sound, but the group will never be the same without the original 5 members.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by johnson293 View Post
                    have my tickets to see them in May for the new tour opener at Newcastle Arena.

MJ
                    Ditto
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Never seen em live but thought they were a great singles band and Rio is one of my fave 80s albums.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

i loved duran duran to bits until i heard simon le bon singing live at live aid............my god he couldn't sing to save his life......talk about flat!!

Comment

Working...
                        X