Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else remember Automan?

.. or is it just me?

Was part of that whole crop of "high concept" 80s crime-fighter shows that Knight Rider kicked off.. (see also Manimal..)

Only vague recollections, but the guy was computer generated (in what looked like a slightly more camp Tron suit), with a spinning star that assisted him called "Cursor". Oh, and he had a car. That cursor drew out of thin air. And was capable of 90 degree turns. I so wanted that car

Of course this raised the question of why Cursor couldn't draw other useful objects out of thin air too.

That'll be a "no" then

Comment

I remember Automan

Comment

I don't
        Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
        http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately I do...

I remember he had a car and it went incredibly fast. When anyone sat in it their faces were pressed against the window when he cornered.

That is about it!

Spearsey

Comment

i vaguely remember automan, the one that i remember is streethawk, with the guy on the bike that went around corners well over 100mph.... totally believable back then...lol
            Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

i can just remember it as i saw a add for it coming to sky tv soon
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

its on Bravo i think
                Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Yeah, its on Bravo. Trust me when I say its best left as a memory! Same goes for MacGuyver

Comment

I never remember the show as a kid but my husband does. He saw it on bravo recently and yelled "Automan!" I actually watch it for laughs now. Was it supposed to be camp? was that intentional do you think? Batman in the 60's made fun of itself.

Bravo also air Manimal which I don't remember watching either but it did only run for one series. It really cracks me up, especially when he's changing.
                    Last edited by Catra; 29-08-2005, 11:20.

Comment

Re: Anyone else remember Automan?

here it is.

its only now i see this clip i remember it.
                      i thought it ok.

http://youtu.be/8lloeUkQ1m8
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                      X