Krull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krull...

.. what the heck was all that about then? Bernard Breslaw as a Cyclops, Lysette Anthony prannying around in a nightie, spinny throwing star thing, a castle with a rather organic interior, and a great big beastie thing that decided it wanted to marry Lysette (seemingly not caring about the whole interspecies genetic incompatibility side of things..)

Is it just me, or did fantasy films of that era have a lot more underlying menace? "Legend" was much the same.. just seemed, I dunno, kinda unsettling..

i never saw it but wasn't Bernard Breslaw the big guy from the Carry On films?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

yep. looked somewhat different with the one eye slap bang in the middle of his head though...

Comment

Bernard Breslaw

My first message, so please bear with me if I do anything wrong in it :-)

The mention of Bernard Breslaw in this thread reminded me of a catchphrase he had back in the 1950s in a radio comedy programme. It always came after the sound of heavy footsteps coming down stairs. He said, "Hello, it's me, Twinkle-toes!" But does anyone remember what the programme was?

David Lamb

Comment

no sorry david but welcome to the forum.
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Beats me. I wasn't born back then. Welcome to the forum though!
            Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
            http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Yah i saw that movie... it's my all time favorite action adventure movie

BRIAN JONES - this brilliant multi-talented musician who attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to juggle drug use with his musical output, died under questionable circumstances on the...

Comment

The lead actor played Eddington in Deep Space Nine...the years weren't kind to him!

Comment

Its was kinda kool for its day seemed a whole heap of films like this, Hawk the Slayer to name but one, The Sword and the Sorcerer, like the Land that time forgot Doug McClure, and Wargods of Atlantis Doug McClure and Peter Gilmore, At the Earth's Core with Peter Cushing, and Arabian Adventure, fun though, and were kool when we were kids filling a saturday afternoon.

Comment

wow krull....i remeber a scene with a girl who tried to seduce the lead...scary nail extentions. and legend is fab if only for tim curry's devil ^^

Comment

Never seen Legend but should as its Sir Ridley Scott

Comment

Krull, I remember that movie. Got to go to the premiere (or 'a' premiere) on a Sunday morning at Leicester Square. The actress who wore the ornate looking outfit, and had the spaceship that only fired blanks, was there to introduce the movie.

I was lucky enough when I was a kid to have a parent working during the 70s/80s for a major advertising company. A benefit of this was that I used to get film posters to stick up on my bedroom wall/cover my schoolbooks, and occasionally used to get tickets to film premieres or press showings. This may sound ungrateful but if I was able to get a ticket to the movie, then chances are it wasn't expected to do well at the box office...

However, thanks to this free tickets opportunity, I saw The Wombles, Krull, Battle Beyond The Stars, Steel Magnolias (that was a 'royal' premiere, red carpet, with Charles and Di attending), The Whistle Blower, The Dressmaker, Sweet Liberty, and a variety of other movies that sank without a trace. I also remember that my parents saw The Dogs of War and Silver Dream Machine too, but I was too young for those movies.

Ah, happy days... sorry for the slight diversion down Memory Lane, but I saw 'Krull', and it all came flooding back... like sewage in a blocked drain.

Cheers

Armchair
                        Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Sounds fun, not, but good memory none the less, for better or worse there seemed a slew of movies like Krull at the time, one hit and rehashes are launched, but I find Hawk the Slayer was ok, and kinda kool too, as one of a similiar ilk.

Comment

Working...
                          X