What was the best toy ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best toy ever?

There were SO many good toys in the 70s and 80s before computer games came along. What was your favourite toy ever?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

mines got to be the starwars figures i had the lot when i was young
    but i started to collect them again from ebay ive nearly got the complete collection so baby is going to be rich when he/she is older
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Barbie...what else is there?
      I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

for me it was the magic shot shooting gallery
        Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
        http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Evel Keneivel Stunt Bike.

And "Crossfire", which was another ball-bearing shooting thing. Although since it need two people and I was an only child, enjoyment was rather less consistent than it could have been.

Comment

i think my fave toy (if you could call em that) were my roller boots. I was always on them. Couldnt get me off the things haha Oh and the play mobil people (or play people as i call em) i absolutly loved those! Anyone else remeber them? I had loads of them.
            Last edited by SpiralCoolStuff; 22-04-2005, 21:44.
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Lego. The set with wheels. You could make all of the above with Lego. Admittedly, they'd be far blockier versions, but still.....

Comment

Talking about shooting galleries, I had a table top one where there was a long boxed base with a pistol out of one long side, and a paper target which you slid into a projection on the other side. You could get target shapes and "fun" targets like baloons printed on these thin card targets.

When you sighted and pulled the trigger, a small hole mysteriously appeared on the target, just like you had fired a tiny air gun pellet at it, although nothing ever came out of the barrel of the gun.

The mechanism inside this box transmitted the pulling of the trigger up an arm to a sprung pin head thingy, which was pulled back and released at full trigger pull, this is what perforated the target card (from behind).

The actual pulling of the trigger required a lot of effort and was a recipe for blistered index fingers!

Good fun though!

Clive.
                PS was it called "Magic shooting gallery?"

Comment

I loved Playpeople too Spi but preferred my Pippa!

Comment

Evil Kenievil wind up motorbike stuntman! I made evil jump things that would have killed him in real life!

Comment

Smurfs!!!!!!
                      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Star Wars closely followed by He-man

'by the power of grayskull!' haha

Comment

Bestestest toy

It had to be Stickle Bricks for me!

I remember spending hours with that stuff when i was a nipper.
                          (i wonder if my mother actually kept any of that stuff?) hehehe

Hapy days!

Take it easy

Pengy

Comment

After my parents passed away a few years ago I once again came into posession of my old Stickle Bricks set from the early 70s. The box was a bit tatty but pretty much all the bricks were there (amazingly enough). Now my own 3 year old son plays with them. Maybe they'll survive to reach his kids. I'd like to think so

Comment

lamb chop

Anyone remember Sweet April? I ab loved mine, she was a miniature baby doll a little bit like the later Carrie and Christopher.
                              She was a little blonde,blue eyed baby and u could feed her water which made her cry and wee,fab!!!
                              My doll came with a little bouncer swing but Ive seen others on E Bay with highchairs/cots.
                              I think she was manufactured by Palitoy or poss Mattel.

Comment

Working...
                              X