First 15 & 18 cert film watched at the cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 15 & 18 cert film watched at the cinema

What were the first 15 cert & 18 cert films you saw at the cinema? Mine were:

Cert 15 - Dirty Dancing (sad, I know)
    Cert 18 - Total Recall

Re: First 15 & 18 cert film watched at the cinema

Whats 15?? was that AA??
    First X film was Scum

Comment

Tried unsuccessfully to get in to see Blazing Saddles, The miserable bloke on the door realised me & my mates were only about 12 and I think the film was a 15 .

Never seen it to this day

Edit by Spiral - tut tut, mentioning dirty films on our clean forum. Bad Buzz *deleats offending material*

Buzz

Comment

First AA I got into was probably Rollerball and X was Altered States I looked (and fortunately still do) young for my age so it was hard to bluff my way into Xs before I was actually 18

Comment

i cant remember what mine were, probably some nightmare on elm street film, thought i was so cool getting in though and me and my mates would even try and get some girls in the cue to come in with us so the manager didnt think they were under age....... such a charitable act......

I know my mate went and worked in a cinema on trident (does anyone remember doing theirs) and got to watch the rated 18 movies for free

Comment

Old certificates
            X: (Wasn't old enough at the time.)
            AA:1981-Outland

Current cerificates
            15:1984-Gremlins (I think)
            18:1985-A Nightmare On Elm Street
            Please don't tell anybody
            that we're the real Duran Duran!
            We're just happy pretending
            to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

First AA film I saw was Rollerball (1975) and first X was Zombies (1978 or 79). Zombies was the UK title for George Romero's Dawn of the Dead and it played with The Great British Striptease in UK cinemas.

Comment

Dr Terrors house of horrors, first Xcert' late '60s from then on was hooked on Hammer films and horrors in general, even years later when video surfaced i went all out to get all the infamous "banned nasties " and swapped pirate copies of various titles,"Faces of death" uncut @105 mins was the one everyone wanted.

Comment

The Exorcist. 1974 I was 16.

Comment

My first AA was Tommy. I can't remember my first X...
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I think the first 15 I ever saw in the cinema was 'Crocodile Dundee'. It was rated 15 for some bad language and a drug-taking scene.
                      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

The first, and the only ever, 18 rated film I've ever seen in the cinema was 'Species'. I was a little bit embarressed sat there watching it with my dad during the sex scenes.
                        "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

First 15: Highlander (I was 13).
                          First 18: Robocop (I was nearly 15).

Ah, happy days...

Comment

Cert 15 : The Vanishing
                            Cert 18 : Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
                              The first, and the only ever, 18 rated film I've ever seen in the cinema was 'Species'. I was a little bit embarressed sat there watching it with my dad during the sex scenes.
                              My parents were both Jehovah's Witnesses which made their beliefs similar to those of Mary Whitehouse. My dad was the more liberal-minded one, though, and was not quite so easily offended as my mother, so he didn't insist on us walking out of 'Species', as my mum may have done.

I did go & see 'Anaconda' with my mum in the late 90's. It has a '15' rating. She never insisted on us walking out of it but wasn't impressed all the same, describing it as a 'nasty, violent film' when my dad came too pick us up.
                              After she had a stroke in 2010 she could watch virtually nothing on TV as she became so oversensitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X