Your first gig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first gig...

For me it was Five Star, at the Bournemouth International Centre. 4 costume changes, and it was sponsored by Ultrabrite toothpaste so we all got a free tube

I should point out that I'm not proud of this

mine was brmb party in the park in lichfield it was about 1991 and i got to meet pj and duncan aka ant and dec, also met pato banton and ub40, and the guy from the nightcrawlers!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

mine was the animal kwackers at the poole arts centre.
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I guess it depends what you mean by a "gig". The first concert I went to was Rick Wakeman - keyboard player with Yes. The first stadium concert I went to was Cliff Richard; the first pop stadium gig I saw was Spice Girls...and the first "gig" gig I saw was Papa Roach at London's Ocean. Does that place even exist any more?

Comment

Originally posted by eddybennet
          and the first "gig" gig I saw was Papa Roach at London's Ocean. Does that place even exist any more?
          Theres the Hackney Ocean still.. had a big rennovation fairly recently. Is that the one you mean?

Comment

lol, my first concert was the spice girls as well! my friend was member of their fan club and he took me with him and his family. how proud i was to be the chosen friend! although he could have asked others before me and they just didn't want to go...
            but i've been to some cool gigs and concerts since then... rolling stones (best concert ive ever been to), fleetwood mac and duran duran. Because i wanted to see the encore of 'rio' my friend and i missed the last train home and had to call his parents!

Comment

T. Rex, back in the 1970s at the Brighton Dome.
              I think there is only one member of the band still alive now.
              Old enough to know better...

Comment

oh Lord

my parents bought me the Animal Quackers album. It scared me almost as much as Darleks.

Mine was Duran Duran at the Brigton Center in 1987, also the first day my mum let me use hairspray on my fringe

Comment

Can't remember my first but Jacko '88 ( at his peak ) was easily the best.
                  Marc Bolan RIP was a huge loss to music.
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I am that old I have seen the Bay City ROLLERS!! Newcastle City Hall, Bilbo Baggins(no not that one!!) supported them
                    Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss......

Comment

Saw them too Antizan, late 80s/90s. I've posted something on them in the "Memories" part of this site ( alongside Cadbury's Smash & Rubik's Cube ).
                      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

My 'official' answer is Prodigy when I was 14.........in reality it is Wet, Wet Wet at 12 for my best friends birthday...........wel it was her choice!
                        I have been to so many more, better ones since then though!

Comment

I went to the Smash Hits Poll Winners party twice... It was worth it just to see Phillip Schofield but then I had to sit through Big Fun and the like, although watching Carter USM trash the stage and jump on Phil's back was a bit of a laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pootle
                            I went to the Smash Hits Poll Winners party twice... It was worth it just to see Phillip Schofield but then I had to sit through Big Fun and the like, although watching Carter USM trash the stage and jump on Phil's back was a bit of a laugh!
                            I seem to remember seeing that on TV. Philip was not amused!

Big Fun, now there was a band.....
                            Old enough to know better...

Comment

simple minds at the barrowlands glasgow err 1992 i think

Comment

Working...
                              X