Your creations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your creations

I was at my mum's house yesterday, and spotted a clay owl I made at school, I also remember making an apron in sewing class, a coat hanger in metal work, and a push along kids cart full of wooden bricks in wood work, and of course there was the christmas calandars we had to make each year.
    Can you remember making anything and did Mum or Dad keep them.
    Heather

Re: Your creations

Wow! just the words "Clay owl" took me back to school,where I made on with a brown glaze.I also made a metal T square and anvil in Metalwork.Wood work was not so great,and I made a wooden fish on a plaque

Comment

A crocodile figure in Woodwork, tyre levers in Metalwork and a denim pencil case plus loads of food (most probably disgusting) in Home Economics.

Comment

My owl too has a brown glaze finish
        but I was gutted as I wanted to make him sitting in a tree cavity, and my teacher made me sit him in a birds nest everyone knows owls dont build bird nests
        Heather

Comment

Brown glazed owls were obviously popular then - I made mine in about 1983! I also remember making a keyring in metalwork - one of the edges was so sharp it used to shred my pockets and scratch my leg!

Comment

I made a cassette rack in woodwork which i still have, I also remember making a hedgehog pin cushion in needlework
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I'd forgot all about pin cushions and pencil cases
              Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                I'd forgot all about pin cushions and pencil cases
                pencil cases yes made one of them too
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I've still got a very ropey wooden money box I made at school. It's covered in Star Wars instant transfers and if you peer into the slot I've written 'stop looking' inside! I've also got an equally ropey stitched fish that I made as a pin cushion for my Mum in infants but the oldest thing wasn't even made by me. It's a quite stylised, white glazed, pottery spaceman made by Clinton, the boy who used to live next door to us in the early 70s and which, for some strange reason, has stayed in the family all these years. Now, with my Mum and Dad gone, I've inherited it and it now lives in my bathroom

Comment

My mum has a green gerbil I made in pottery... why they did it green I don't know, I asked sir for brown! My grandma had until she died recently a book mark that was tapestry with beads on that I made when I was 11 (a few years ago!). There are also some very dodgy Christmas tree decorations that I made at school still about..... my mum says they hold happy memories... me.. they make cringe! My mum has in a draw, but never wears, a broach that I did in sewing class. It was tiny, all Fench knots then mounted in a gold coloured broach thingy...... cost a fortune back then!
                    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

In pottery I made a decorated tile and an ash tray. Still got at home.

In woodwork I made a coffee table & a wooden box. Never took home.

In metalwork I made a copper pendant, scriber & a small vice thing that you grip stuff where you cant use a bench vice. Not got pendant but still have the other two.

In needlework (we had to do it) I made an apron. I think I still have it somewhere.

In cookery I can remember making a .beef cobbler. I still have that. LOL just kidding, it was eaten the evening I made it.
                      sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

My list of my amazing creations starts of from Infant school to the present day.The list is as follows:-

Calenders-Xmas time,Decorations,Xmas cakes.

Woodwork:-Face plaque,Elastic band driven car,spinning tops.

Metalwork:-Nothing much worth mentioning..

Then in my Adulthood I've found myself with a lot more time on my hands so i have taken on many projects,which have involed renovating quite a few things:-

A Brooken down trailer that was in need of renovation and now a Raleigh Bike I'm restoring.
                        sigpic

Comment

We also did the calendar each year for mum - proudly displayed in the kitchen. Also made a tool belt in needlework and a key hook in woodwork. We didn't have metal work at our school and only did needlework & woodwork in the first year.

After that the only "creations" brought home were from home ec. Made a tuna pasta bake with crisps on top - it didn't get eaten :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                            I made a cassette rack in woodwork which i still have, I also remember making a hedgehog pin cushion in needlework
                            I also made a wooden cassette rack, I think it has fallen apart now? The crocodile, tyre lever and pencil case are still in existance, not bad for almost 30 years old.

Comment

I have a clay turtle I made in 6th grade and a woodenstepstool I made the same year my mom kept all my horrid artwork and recenly gave it to me lots of memories in that box.
                              "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

Working...
                              X