Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were those plastic handbags called??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were those plastic handbags called??

Did any of you girls out there ever have one of those bright coloured plastic hand held bags. They were made from kind of threads of plastic with poppers on the handles. They looked a little bit like bowling bags?? I can't remember what they were called or even if they had a name. You mainly brought them from cheap shops.

I am trying to explain them to my friend and tried to find a piccy but didn't know where to start and ended up here. Please help!!!!

Re: What were those plastic handbags called??

I think i remember the ones, infact i had a blue one, i dont believe they had a name, if its the one your on about did it used to fold down flat like a christmas decoration?

Comment

Jelly bags maybe?

Helen

Comment

We called them jelly bags because they were the same as jellyshoes. The came 'unpopped' all the time!

Comment

I remember them well..i had a red one,loved it. Didnt have jelly shoes but i did have a jelly coat lol

Tass

Comment

One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

I can't remember them having a name either but weren't they the most useless thing? I always had a plastic carrier bag in mine to keep everything dry and to stop all my pens falling out!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I just read Trickyvee's post on rain macs and it made me thought of these bags and thought I need to start a thread on those! I never had one but always wanted one.

Comment

Working...
                X