Comedy records/songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedy records/songs

Although you still get recordings of stand-up routines and TV/radio shows there don't seem to be the amount of 'comedy' records there used to be. The classics I guess were the Monty Python ones in the 70s or the Derek and Clive albums (the sick bag cover one had definite notoriety in my school). So are there any that you still have a fondness for, and more importantly still actually play every now and again even though you know all the jokes?

I'll start it off - Neil's Heavy Concept Album in which everyone's favourite 80s hippy - Neil (off The Young Ones), AKA Nigel Planer, sings the album's only hit - Hole in My Shoe, promptly gets sucked down a plug hole, eats a hamburger and turns into Neil the Barbarian and, basically, goes through a series of bizarre adventures interspersed with a varitey of 60s psych covers and original songs. I still find it funny and the musical side of things is great (coming from Dave (not the Eurythmics one) Stewart who also had a one-hit wonder in the 80s with It's My Party).
    Last edited by Wil; 14-06-2007, 09:33.

Re: Comedy records

Hancock for me..I used to love Python but now find them a bit silly.Derek & Clive has not aged well to me.

Comment

Used to listen to Billy Connelly, Not the nine o'clock news, Monty Python, but my favourite was The Goon Show - found about 120 or so episodes in mp3 format on net.
      "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

There used to be a great site for Kenny Everett's Captain Kremmen that had Mp3 archives of episodes from his Captial Radio show but (as it probably infringed all manner of copyright malarky) it seems to have gone now and I didn't copy them off

The link to this thread being that there was an LP of the Captain Kremmen movie (animated by Cosgrove Hall).

And I listened to the first Not The Nine O'Clock News LP just the other day. Still raises a chuckle.

To Rowan Atkinson in a chimp outfit - 'when he caught you were you wild?'

'wild, I was absolutely livid!'
        Last edited by Wil; 15-06-2007, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post

And I listened to the first Not The Nine O'Clock News LP just the other day. Still raises a chuckle.

To Rowan Atkinson in a chimp outfit - 'when he caught you were you wild?'

'wild, I was absolutely livid!'
          Yep, that's the one I used to listen to.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

The Goon show of course

PS "I'm walking backwards for christmas"
            Last edited by Heather74; 22-12-2008, 18:51.
            One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Very appropriate for this time of year -

'What Are We Gonna Get 'Er Indoors?' by George Cole & Dennis Waterman

Combining Christmas and 'Minder' in about 3-and-a-half minutes.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                Very appropriate for this time of year -

'What Are We Gonna Get 'Er Indoors?' by George Cole & Dennis Waterman

Combining Christmas and 'Minder' in about 3-and-a-half minutes.

The Sideboard song by Chas n Dave is apt too.

Comment

yeh I had the Not The Nine O'Clock News album...."he bloody does eat daffodils!"

I still have a Jasper Carrott 70's album...includes the visit by Birmingham City to Man Utd...the "neanderthals"!! ,
                  Oh, & 'car insurance claims.......which includes :

"I knocked over a man the other day; he admitted it was his fault as he'd been knocked over before"
                  Last edited by rossobantam; 23-12-2008, 18:58.
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Carrot's commercial breakdown was always funny.

Comment

When I was about 10 years old I was given an old steptoe album, the episode was about a load of false teeth, dont know what happened to it, maybe an ex girlfriend has it I listened to it frequently, (probably only had a few records)
                      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                        yeh I had the Not The Nine O'Clock News album...."he bloody does eat daffodils!"

I still have a Jasper Carrott 70's album...includes the visit by Birmingham City to Man Utd...the "neanderthals"!! ,
                        Oh, & 'car insurance claims.......which includes :

"I knocked over a man the other day; he admitted it was his fault as he'd been knocked over before"
                        Here's some more of the insurance claims :

jasper carrot , insurance claim statements - LiveVideo.com
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

yeah we had the Jasper Carrot ones too. Also a Barron Knights album with their funny songs on which we used to listen to on the stereo system (which had replaced the radiogramme).

Comment

I love Carrott (ohh that sounds very odd doesn't it)

"The bloke was all over the road, I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him"
                            Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
                              I love Carrott (ohh that sounds very odd doesn't it)

"The bloke was all over the road, I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him"

Exactly..
                              "I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the hood. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."

Comment

Working...
                              X