Odd fluorescent socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd fluorescent socks

Was all the rage in 1984/5 - I had yellow, green, and red pairs...always odd

Re: Odd fluorescent socks

I remember this phase, but didn't own any,still I look down at my feet sometimes and see one black and one dark blue now and then. I nearly died of embarrassment once at the doctors.
    Heather

Comment

i dont remeber that in the 80s...although i was only very little in 84/85.
      Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Who spotted Chris Tarrant doing the dying fly in his, on Tiswas reunited
        Last edited by sixtyten; 16-06-2007, 22:41.
        Heather

Comment

The dying fly lol, forgot about that.

I had a pair of green socks, hugely disappointed that they didn't glow in the dark. For some reason before buying them, I believed they would. Idiot.

Comment

These were known as illuminous socks 'round our way. They were banned by our Middle School. I had a bright green pair. And yes, I think it must have been 1984/'85.

Comment

I used to have green ones, thought they were slightly earlier 83/84, although that could just be my mind :P
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I think it was earlier than 83 even, i had a couple of pairs and I remember wearing them at a house i moved out of in 82.
                ...chilli...

Comment

Let me burst you bubble people !! Your 80's luminous socks were a REVIVAL !!
                  They were first round in the 60's and I had a pair of 'shocking pink' ones and a pair of 'lumi greens' and quite often they were worn one of each colour and the trousers on the boys were just short enough to show the socks off before the shoes.
                  Girls wore them with their flared skirts which had loads and loads of stick out petticoats under them and ballerina shoes or stilletto heels. Oh how good we looked
                  Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                  <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Never had a pair of these but wanted a pair so bad.

Comment

What about fluorescent belts?

Comment

Flourescent socks/fingerless gloves/snoods etc. I wore the lot thanks to Wham (the Wake Me Up before You Go Go video), and also Nik Kershaw. Best worn all together with a Frankie Says Relax t-shirt!

Comment

I remember my cousin wearing one orange sock & one green sock together in the summer of 1985.

They also had a comeback in the late 1980s when Bermuda shorts were in fashion. I had a bright yellow pair then.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My stepfather has recently digitised all our family pictures, I had a look at the weekend and there in a picture from circa 1985 me without my shoes on in odd fluorescent socks. It's a gem of a picture.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                              My stepfather has recently digitised all our family pictures, I had a look at the weekend and there in a picture from circa 1985 me without my shoes on in odd fluorescent socks. It's a gem of a picture.
                              Recently been given one of the best and most thoughtful presents ever, my stepfather presented me with a hard disk full of the complete family library of photos and home videos.
                              I though of this entry to the thread I wrote and found the photo (In 1985 I was 14 and for some reason at my most untrendy (apart from odd socks) in fact in some of the photos of this era I look blimmin awful and goodness knows what my hair is doing!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	etfv104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	260100
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X