Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedge hopping

Did anyone ever go hedge hopping?
    where you ran or jumped through as many garden hedges as possible.
    We had a street near us with continuous hedges that we all used to run and jump through. What a great game that was.

Getting caught by the home owners wasnt so great. one house owner even had a little bick wall built within the hedge and we would trip over it. But we were young- it didnt hurt!!! lol
    Attached Files
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

i think that was more of a lads thing!! i bet you used to go round pinching milk too!!!??
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i used to do the flaming turd-put dog poo on someones doorstep cover in paper,set the paper on fire and ring the door bell,only to laugh so much that i cried to see people stamping on the paper to put it out unaware of the gift under the flames!

Comment

that is so cruel but very very funny!!!!
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

best one is a pin a button and fishing line
          use to put the pin in a window sill with button on it then attach the fishing line to it and go 50yards down the road and just keep tapping on the window well funny
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i wasn't so inventive. the best i came up with was ringing on people's doorbells and running away.
            Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
            http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

i loved it when the roads were icy and we used to run and hold onto the back of car bumpers for a free slide down the road!!! HOW MAD IS THAT!!!! not only were the fumes bad but the risk of getting run over as well!!!!

Comment

how prolific was hedge-hopping? i only though it was unique to my home-town. i've only ever met 1 other person who did the same thing as kids. suppose scrumping and hedge-hopping are the same\similar. we all need to grow up.

Comment

kids dont do it these days..... now they just mug old people and rob cars...
                  When you look back and think how much fun you could have then, it makes me glad that i was young then and not now. I truly feel for my children, as when they are old enough to go out and have fun, will it be worse than it is today???

Comment

I grew up on a farm & when me dad collected bales of hay from a field, he'd have ropes on the back of the trailer to fasten the load. As he moved around the field, we'd hang on to the ropes and be dragged along the ground ( no cows in sight, I'm pleased to say ).
                    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

oh what fun we had hedge hopping through paople's gardens, one used to have a fish pond in it,landed in that one a few times.
                      but kids now, like dean80s said they'd rather steal car,s or mug old people and take drugs,i agree with you dean i'm glad i grew up then and not now.
                      so how many of you bunked of school or wrote a letter and tried to copy yer mum's signiture,to say you coudn,t do P.E and how many you got caught.

one thing i do remember doing at school was letting down the bus tyre so we did'nt have to go and play football against the school in the next town,when the headmaster found out it was he made pay(well my mum)for the tyre company who came to fix it.never did it again
                      kernow bys vyken

Comment

Where I lived (Manchester), we used the term, 'garden-hopping'. And we called hedges 'privets'. Sometimes bigger lads would trick a littler lad into going into a garden first, then they'd trap him in there, while making a commotion to bring out the owner. Aren't kids rotten?

Comment

I live in Kent and we also used to call this "garden-hopping".

Another favourite was "Knock-down-ginger" or ringing the door bell and running off. Not sure where the name comes from. Got caught once with my finger still on the bell !!! All very juvenile, but quite innocent compared to todays yoof.

In my earlier years, a friend of mines dad used to bring home old lorry inner tubes which we used to inflate and then sit inside before being rolled down the hill. Great fun. Then there were the Grifters, Strikers, Choppers.....

Did anyone play "world cup willy". One person in goal, with the rest having to score two goals to qualify. Keep repeating until you had a winner ? Great days. Do kids even go out and play football anymore. I used to play everynight and all weekend. Didn't have time (or money) to hang about outside shops or wander the streets. They all seem too lazy now.

Where's those comfy shoes...?

Comment

We called knock-down-ginger knock-a-door-run.

And your World Cup Willy, we simply called Knockouts.

...James

Comment

Originally posted by daubers
                              oh what fun we had hedge hopping through paople's gardens, one used to have a fish pond in it,landed in that one a few times.
                              but kids now, like dean80s said they'd rather steal car,s or mug old people and take drugs,i agree with you dean i'm glad i grew up then and not now.
                              so how many of you bunked of school or wrote a letter and tried to copy yer mum's signiture,to say you coudn,t do P.E and how many you got caught.

one thing i do remember doing at school was letting down the bus tyre so we did'nt have to go and play football against the school in the next town,when the headmaster found out it was he made pay(well my mum)for the tyre company who came to fix it.never did it again
                              Oh no, we still do garden hopping I was even searching for it on google earlier, which is what bought me here. I'm 15, and we do it all the time in our village...

Comment

Working...
                              X