Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Book Help!?!

Hi There! I could really use your help.
    Around 1986-ish my twin sister and I received a book for christmas and I would really like to find a copy to give to my sister for a christmas present. The trouble is I can't remember the title of the book or anything. The book was a large, hard back book and the story was based around Santa's workshop. But the best thing about the book was the illustrations. All of Santa's helpers were caricatures of famous people (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix etc etc). I've tried various searches and search engines but can't find any info. I know this is really vague information but if anyone can find out out anything or point me in the right direction that would be excellent.
    By the way, this is a fab website! Feeling like I'm 10 again !!

Re: Christmas Book Help!?!

Just come across This thread. I have this book! It is called 'Once Upon A Christmas' Illustrated by David Oxtoby. Sorry I wasn't here on 21st of June 2007. I hope you still get this if you haven't found it yet.

Comment

I looked everywhere for this book at the time,as you can see with no joy any chance you can scan a few Images for us Grosh?

I know its a long shot but I just emailed the OP in hope they will sign in and see your reply
      Heather

Comment

Huggie, I will post pictures when I get the book out of storage and get my scanner fixed(misplaced my power lead)

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          I looked everywhere for this book at the time,as you can see with no joy any chance you can scan a few Images for us Grosh?

I know its a long shot but I just emailed the OP in hope they will sign in and see your reply
          The book is available to buy on Amazon quite cheap!! 1p plus p&p!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
          X