Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Broken Bones did you have as a kid..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Broken Bones did you have as a kid..

As a kid I was always comming home with a few war wounds things like Cuts,grazes and of course on the odd ocassion a Broken Bone or Two.
    On two seperate ocassions I broke my Collar bone twice.Once when I was Two and the second time I was eight.
    The first time I did it I don't remember how,but the second time I remember all to well I was playing football at the park with my mate and his dad and I stood on the ball to stop it and I still remember hearing the Collar bone crunch as it snapped as I hit the floor in a crumpled heap.And to make things it was the same Collar bone as the time before..:cry:...:cry:......
    sigpic

Re: What Broken Bones did you have as a kid..

Ouch!!

I've never broken a bone, touch wood.
    Heather

Comment

None as a kid, but leg and fingers since then.

It's possibly the worst sound you can hear, the sound of a bone breaking, you know youve done some damage then.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The only bone I ever broke as a child was my 'ring finger' left hand.
        I was on holiday at a caravan site in Mid Wales and was playing tag with my cousin around the vans. I was looking over my shoulder to see where she was and slipped on that very corse grass you get on mountains. I fell forward crunching my hand under me, BUT my right arm was dangling over the edge of the cliff ! I didn't dare move, my cousin ran to the nearest van and the occupants (two elderly retired school teachers) dragged me back by the legs. If I hadn't fallen I would have run right over the edge........
        Last edited by joybee; 22-06-2007, 22:51.
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Only a wrist, attempting to "Bruce Lee" down the stairs to surprise my sister and her then boyfriend.
          the worst things were.
          1. they were not even there, long gone to bed
          2.As I'd hit my head on the ceiling during "flight", everyone assumed I was concussed, and lent on my wrist in an attempt to stop the blood flow from my head
          Lucky I'm right handed, or not as it didn't keep me off school at all

Comment

Oh, and fingers, as I was a Goalkeeper at school. but not a lot they can do about those except tape your middle fingers together

Comment

Broke the 2 middle fingers on my left hand when I was 10. We were practicing in P.E. for the wheelbarrow race on Sport's Day. I was the barrow and a big hefty lad was pushing me, but he went too fast, I toppled over and he stood on my hand, breaking 2 fingers.

To top it all, Sport's Day got cancelled that year so I was injured for nothing.

Comment

I've never broken any bones, touch wood. Considering I've played cricket for around 23 years and kept wicket for most of that time, is pretty good going! I have managed to get hit several times, including 4 stitches in my chin, I now wear a helmet when batting.

Comment

Ive never broken any bones either...although i did chip my right little toe once. Was kicking a balloon around (in bare feet, i might add), it went bouncing off into the kitchen, i goes runnin after it, took a swing at it and smacked my foot into the leg of one of the chairs at the dinning table, a metal chair leg too. And yes, it hurt..A LOT!!! >.<
                  Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I once broke 25 bones in one day - none of them mine - one hell of a scrap that was I think the teachers recovered though

My first broken bone was at the ripe old age of 36 - crab fishing with the kids on slippery rocks There's something not quite right about your 4 year old daughter reassuring her dad that everything will be OK as you sit there in agony waiting for someone to notice!!

Comment

I fell of a horse, got my foot caught in the reigns and broke my collar bone, another time playing football I broke a bone in my toe and as the result of necessary surgery some nice ENT bloke broke my nose surgically.
                      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I needed an operation on one of my fingers then proceeded to jam another finger on my other hand in a door so I got carted off to hospital to have them both fixed.

All I remember is the big black triangle mask coming down over my whole face. Then I was standing with two comedy bandages on my hands the size of boxing gloves.

It must have been just after November 5th as a lady came up to me and said "ooh you poor little thing, did you put your hands in a bonfire?". Even at 4 my cantankerous personality was developing nicely as I remember thinking "No you silly woman! As if I'd be that stupid!"
                        These days I never underestimate a 4 year old's thoughts!
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

I've never managed to break a bone yet, but when I was 3 I jumped off a climbing frame & landed badly, jarring one of my knees.

I could hardly walk for days, & during this time we had a day trip to London.

I had to we wheelled around in a pushchair most of the time we were there, & lugged up all the underground steps & escalators.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I escaped broken bones, but one summer holiday I had a friend who was pushed off a bouncy castle and another who fell over her rabbit and they had a plastered leg and arm respectively. I was very jealous, but only had to wait a week or so until I fell off my bike and hurt my wrist.

It swelled up a lot and we thought it was broken so we went to the hospital but it was only sprained. Even in the hospital I was suitably out done as another hapless friend appeared with a broken arm after falling off a horse. I ended up with many bandages and a sling as the doctor said it was very bad (with a wink to my parents). An hour later I was around at my friend's house showing it off.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

When I was 11 and a real tomboy, I came off a rope swing, that was tied to a tree, when it was swung out over a huge dip.
                              I seemed to be flying and falling for ages before I hit the ground very hard.
                              Luckily I only broke my left wrist and was a bit fed up because I am right handed and still had to do school work!
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                              X