I ain't seen that in...yonks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ain't seen that in...yonks!

The one everyone says is "white dog poo" - you just don't see it any more.

What else don't you see?

I remember when i was a lad up the post office on pension day the car park was full of little blue three wheeled cars i think these were supplied by Mobility for the disabled and elderly...these days they get converted versions of normal cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Three%20Wheeler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	264133

Corrr i aint seen one of those in ages!!
    sigpic

Re: I ain't seen that in...yonks!

Oh my GOD yeah the Blue Mobility cars,you never give things a second thought until your suddenly reminded about them...

I have'nt seen one of those in donkey's years..........
    sigpic

Comment

Red telephone boxes.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	red-phone-box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	259536
      Last edited by sixtyten; 29-06-2007, 17:57.
      Heather

Comment

agh.. the smell of a old red phone box!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danbakuk View Post
          The one everyone says is "white dog poo" - you just don't see it any more.

What else don't you see?

I remember when i was a lad up the post office on pension day the car park was full of little blue three wheeled cars i think these were supplied by Mobility for the disabled and elderly...these days they get converted versions of normal cars.

Corrr i aint seen one of those in ages!!
          Ah! The legendary Thundersley Invacar!!

Comment

OMG ! there used to be one at the bottom of the estate and i used to run down and ring an old "girfriend" with 2ps who i'd met on holiday - Lynn from Grantham .... all together now aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr!

Comment

Yep, still some around, but even in the 70's , they stunk of urine, had most of the directory pages burnt out, hardly any glass and only took 2ps and 10p ( 10p for a long conversation, I assume).
              I kinda miss 'em, but there are still plenty around (in the same condition, I might add)

Comment

..and people used to queue to use them!!

Comment

Does any one still get a chip van? not a static one - a proper one that drives around and beeps his horn when hes stopped?

We also used to get a Shop Van - a proper shop in the back of a van, you could buy anything a corner shop would sell and get 10p back on your pop bottles
                  sigpic

Comment

We've got a fully working red phone box just across the road from us (alas it doesn't take 2p calls ). It's just been repainted and re-glazed, too. Add to that, a leafly lane that ends in a church surrounded by big trees at the end of the road and we've got a fantastically clichéd English village view from our living room

Comment

Originally posted by pontang
                      oh sweet lord i hated this, even back then i knew it was hideous! yes a ferguson (TOP OF THE GOD DAMN RANGE), videostar
                      Yeah my dad bought one of these when they first came out,it was are first video.It looks so prehistoric now,thinking about it used to shake the stand it was on when you pressed the eject button.......

But we thought we were the Dogs with it at the time..........
                      sigpic

Comment

We used to have one of these or one like on Denton Market when I was a kid,I can remember going on it when I was young.......

I have'nt seen one of these on a Market place in years,well to say that Market places are rapidly decreasing.....So you could say I have'nt seen a Market place in years........
                        Last edited by PWC1973; 30-06-2007, 11:19.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cars with yellow headlights....aint seen one for yonks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                            Ah! The legendary Thundersley Invacar!!
                            Aye, as that is where I used to hail from I used to get my car MOT'd at the Thundersley Invacar garage, I thought that if they built those things they'd be more inclined to pass my crappy cars.

As for white dog poo, it is in abundance here in Oz. I used to be obsessed with it, a guy who used to work for me even sent me a photo of some his wife saw while out walking in Devon. Before we moved here we were on holiday and I saw, in one day, a family all with Mullets (proper WWF ones) and then some white dog poo, awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by danbakuk View Post

Does any one still get a chip van? not a static one - a proper one that drives around and beeps his horn when hes stopped?

We also used to get a Shop Van - a proper shop in the back of a van, you could buy anything a corner shop would sell and get 10p back on your pop bottles

we never got the chippy van but we did have Cockle Bob..... the greengrocer van every saturday morning
                              sigpic
                              Mrs Oggy
                              ~~~*~~~*~~~
                              Count your friends amongst the stars....
                              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Working...
                              X