Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which were you Cub/Scout or Brownie/Guide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which were you Cub/Scout or Brownie/Guide...

As a young lad I remember every Friday night was Cubs night,with my mind being as it is I can't remember what age I was (I remember Fall Guy being on after Cubs) But I remember the night I got my uniform I thought I was on top of the world.
    I remember we Paid subs of about 20p,it was held at my old Primary school in the top room (Broom cupboard).We used to say are Cub/scout law and then do certain tasks so we could acheive Badges ie:Fist aid,Art,neddle craft ect.We as a Cub troop went on a camping trip and met up with other troops and had great fun,I have many happy memories of my time as a Cub.

We used to have to go on parades and take are turn in carrying the flag,which you had to march all round your town on a Sunday Afternoon.
    At the end of my career as a Cub I was ask to join the Scouts but once I was at the Scouts acceptance age I had a few other things on my mind (GIRLS).................
    sigpic

Re: Which were you Cub/Scout or Brownie/Guide...

I never joined the cub scouts as I wouldn't have been seen dead in one of those dorky uniforms.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

No, but i was a member of a Red cross group,which meant we got to go on activity days, and camps.
      We also wore a uniform, and had to pay subs, for a drink at "Break Time".
      Great times
      Heather

Comment

I was a Brownie for a while, can't remember much about it except sitting in a circle singing the archetypal Ging Gang Goolie and other such songs.

I do remember doing knots.....no camping or excursions though
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I was a cub scout from 7 - 11 I think, met every wednesday night. I got quite a lot of badges including the gold arrow although the relevance of that escapes me now. I made it to a seconder also but never to a sixer.

I was then a scout for a couple of years until my 13th birthday, and then i declared I was not going anymore as i was teenager Scouts was on friday night and then home for Auf Wiedersehen pet
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was a Brownie. I loved it! We used to play games (favourite being Glue Pots), go out on walks, one time we made pancakes and hot chocolate. I loved being a Brownie then i became a Guide and all i remember of that wsa sitting in a circle with the other guides and not doing much while the Brownies had fun.
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I was a 'sixer' in the gnome pack in the brownies. We did our good hostess badge!!!! which involved making tea and putting biscuits on doilies. We played a game that involved every one sitting on the floor legs out in front of them and then the brownie who was 'it' had to run over the 'ladder' reciting some rhyme... can't remember what it was called but I loved it.
              If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
                I never joined the cub scouts as I wouldn't have been seen dead in one of those dorky uniforms.
                Ditto

Comment

Similar to me Herr G, cubs were great but Scouts didn't float my boat as most of the "lads" were sadists and took great delight in bullying the younger members of the troop. Our nite was a monday followed by a bag o chips on the way home(6p old money) used to love being a sixer and taking the Wolfs head on a pole home.
                  The eyes have it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Was never a Cub or Scout (but still went bob-a-jobbing with a mate who was) but I was in the "Anchor Boys", all I remember of this was trying to earn patches for the armband and wearing horrible itchy jumpers and trousers. When I got a bit older I was in the "Boy's Brigade" for a bit which was similar but you had badges instead of patches for the armband. Didn't stay there long though. The best bit of it all was the Thunderbird-esque hats.

Comment

i was a cub for a while , done a few camps , and stuff , tried to join the scouts but it was **** , joined the boys brigade with my mate for a laugh , and done a brill camp , then joined the army cadets for a couple of years , then at the same time the st john cadets , so on tuesdays and thursdays i learned how to shoot and kill people and on fridays i learned how to save them bizarre

Comment

Brownies and in the Imps six. Then it was Girls Venture Corps.... the female version of the Air Cadets... and that was more fun....gliding/camping/ etc....
                        Got our elldest going up to guides in Sept.........I recall having to learn semaphore for our Communication badge..... Rach got to send me a text message for hers. Sign of the times I guess.
                        sigpic
                        Mrs Oggy
                        ~~~*~~~*~~~
                        Count your friends amongst the stars....
                        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

i was a brownie , then a guide then touched on ranger guides and all were great fun ! sadly , never got the chance to go to camp and missed out too on working for the queen`s guide award . i`m still in guiding as a member of the trefoil guild which i have been a member now for 3 and a half years and thats great too , we were in a gangshow recently and had a lot of fun . any other trefoil guild members out there? do get in touch , sue

Comment

Working...
                          X