JULY 1st !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JULY 1st !!

Ah well folks, it's here ..... as from today it is illegal to light up in a public place. I am a none smoker, so the only effects on me will be beneficial, no more polluted atmosphere but how will it affect you ???
    Last edited by joybee; 01-07-2007, 00:24.
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Re: JULY 1st !!

Won't, I gave up last year when they announced it

Comment

Good for you Daz

Comment

i'm a smoker but it wont effect me too much tbh, we've had a smoking ban at work for a while & when i go out with my girlfriend or mates, none of them smoke so i never light up when i'm with them

although as a person who walks everywhere i'd wish they would ban those awful exhaust fumes from cars

Comment

Didn't have much trouble,as I only ever smoked when I went to the pub, so just stopped overnight. Just stopped buying them.
          So i've not really seen a saving as I only seemed to buy one packet a week

Comment

I see Emmerdale and Corrie have been rubbing it in !!

Comment

I can't wait to go to the pub quiz tomorrow night and be able to sit in comfort anywhere in the pub, not just the non smoking part.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

yeah, and won't it be good when your clothes don't stink like an ashtray when you get wake up in the morning

Comment

As one who has recently due to this stresses of work returned to the weed... I can say I am happy that this has been brought in in work places etc.... but last night I saw a sign which really took the mickey.... an open plan bus shelter.... not an enclosed one at all... with a no smoking sign on it! I am all for health promotion but we should get real! Also if everyone in this country gave up smoking.... what would the government tax us on next to replace the revenue lost from taxing smokers?
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Well, that IS going a bit far Momma I must admit - you are the only smoker to comment though

Oops ! Sorry rugga - missed your comment !!
                    Last edited by joybee; 02-07-2007, 18:52.

Comment

Here in Brum it is not so much the ordinary smokers who are the problem on buses but the cannabis/marijuana/ whateverthehelltheyrollup smokers who are.
                      Looking forward to finally getting one of these 'laissez -faire' bus drivers off their butts and sorting out the pot smokers who frequent every single number 94 in the evening.
                      Oggy and I have often had to leave a bus before our stop because of drugs being smoked on the bus when we have had the kids with us.
                      If this new law helps to curb the drug users then it will be a good thing... but I guess it will also open the way for the modern day 'speakeasy'
                      sigpic
                      Mrs Oggy
                      ~~~*~~~*~~~
                      Count your friends amongst the stars....
                      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Working...
                      X