Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Fantasy Zone

GET READY....

i was out over the bank holiday and i was at a fair, you know the travelling fairs with the dodgems and waltzers, and was walking past an arcade stall when i heard " WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE - get ready" and to my amazement it was SPACE HARRIER!!!! so i had to have a go.
    Anyone else remember that??
    Attached Files
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

hmm, cant say ive ever heard of or seen that one before....looks like fun though
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

oh i used to love that game! i think i had a version of that on my speccy 128k. was the arcade machine still 10p a go?!
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

oh yes i remember that game ive got it on mega drive

somewhere ...............................................
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

yeah, 10p a go. it was so worth it.
          Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

That game is truly awesome, the '3D' (or not) effects still amaze me to this very day! OutRun and Afterburner also had similar "Woah, smooth 3D!" effects on me. :3

Space Harrier was so wonderfully simple and easy, yet also pretty hard. Even the veterans kept running/flying straight into tree trunks a few times. XD

Comment

Afterburner was just sooooo cool but I could never fly the plane for more than 1 minute without crashing.
              Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
              http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I had Space Harrier for the Spectrum ZX and the Mega Drive also, and even on a collection for my PS2 how kool is it now, some old games never die.

Comment

Hi guys..

I first Encountered Space Harrier in Blackpool around 1985 and it was 50p a go cause it was on a Hydraulic chair attached to the Cabinet with seat belt and everything!! loved Sega, they were a great Gaming Company..had Space Harrier on my C64, my Master System, Space Harrier 2 on my mega drive! ( a great gaming machine!) then the Arcade version with Outrun and Afterburner on the same disc for my Sega Saturn and finally have it like Oggy does, on 'Sega Arcade Classics' on the PS2, somewhat souped up with todays graphics, alongside other classics like Golden Axe and Outrun..lol.. great games.. still play my Sega Dreamcast too from time to time for some 'Crazy Taxi'..love retro gaming..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife
                  Scotland

Comment

Yep remember that chair thing now on Space Harrier, i'd forgotten that one Rab.

Comment

Working...
                    X