At long last - a new DYR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At long last - a new DYR!

It's here at last! We've just launched the new website. Check out the shiny new design and don't forget to sing up for an account so that you can:
    • Subscribe to memories and be emailed when someone adds a new comment
    • Create a list of your favourite memories (this will come in useful when we add some more new features over the coming months)
    • Tag memories
    We've got lots of new features coming up soon and we'll probably be recruiting for admins for the site before long but we had to just rebuild the site first and get some proper foundations in place. There's bound to be a few teething troubles while we're still getting things sorted so please do let me know if you notice any problems.
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: At long last - a new DYR!

looks good, miss the forum link at the top though
    sigpic

Comment

Very nice..
      (but I thought it was this place that was getting revamped, silly me)

Comment

Well my first impressions were that it is a little ' washed out' compared with the original that we all know and love.... and I too thought it might be the whole site that got a face lift - maybe that bit's to come ??
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I agree with joybee a bit washed out and a bit hard to navigate....
          Last edited by sixtyten; 04-07-2007, 17:30.
          sigpic

Comment

We will be updating the look and feel of the forum as well at some point but we're focusing our energies on getting the main website sorted just now.

I'm interested by comments about it being hard to navigate - can you quantify this because if it's a real problem then maybe we can do something about it.

Comment

I'm having no problems navigating, looks fine

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                We will be updating the look and feel of the forum as well at some point but we're focusing our energies on getting the main website sorted just now.

I'm interested by comments about it being hard to navigate - can you quantify this because if it's a real problem then maybe we can do something about it.
                Just wondering if there is a link on there for the Forum....
                sigpic

Comment

It took me a while to find how to get into the forum.. a bit sad about that. I would have prefered a link on the new main page... otherwise very nice.
                  If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Looks good but have to agree a link to the forum would be a good idea.
                    You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

The link to the forum was hard to find, other than late think it looks ok.
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Forum link would be good. Otherwise looks good, not that I ever use it, only use the forum.
                        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

agree with most of the other posters, forum was a bit off a mare to find. i also couldnt log in from the main site

Comment

I too am assuming the accounts for forum and site access are different. Possibly link to the forums from the latest from the forums bit?

Comment

Originally posted by rugga View Post
                              agree with most of the other posters, forum was a bit off a mare to find. i also couldnt log in from the main site
                              OK the reason you couldn't log in is that the main website uses a different registration system from the forum. The www.doyouremember.co.uk site is effectively a completely different website from forums.doyouremember.co.uk and this means you will need to create a new, separate account for that site.

WRT to links to the forum, many of you will have discovered this forum before you knew about the main website and some of you may think that the forum is what DYR is all about. In actual fact this forum supports and promotes the main website and our hope is that visitors to the forum will also visit the man site.

We have placed links to the latest forum posts on the main website and we plan to update this forum in due course to include more links back to the main site. In the meantime, I recommend you go straight to https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk when you want to access the forum.

I hope you all enjoy using the new website and if you have any more comments, please do let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X