Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready Brek advert

Hi,

Does anyone else remember a Ready Brek advert from the mid/late 80's which went something like:

"There once was a boy, Eddie was his name, he fell on the taste of Ready Brek and was never quite the same"

and then showed Eddie falling into a bowl of it, and then stepping out luminous and doing somersaults and things?

What were the rest of the words to the tune?

Thanks

i remember the boy having a kind of orange glow. is that right?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

That's the one. IIRC he started glowing once he stepped out of the bowl.

Comment

i eat ready brek every morning (true) and I have never glowed like that.
        Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
        http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Oh man, I remember that! Thanks for the reminder!

I always used to think 'What happened to that old ready brek ad.... you know, the one where...' and then my mind would go blank. Finally, the knowledge has come. ^_^

It was set to the tune of 'Nelly the Elephant', I'm sure. It was all in claymation too. At least, the one I'm thinking of was. I have absolutely no idea what the words were though!

Comment

"There once was a boy, Eddie was his name, he fell on the taste of Ready Brek and was never quite the same"

The only other lyric i can remember was :-

"Steady Eddie they called him when he went to school" and yes it was set to the tune of Nelly the Elephant.

Comment

my son sent off years ago for a steady eddie hand puppet,i`m sure it was off ready brek.

Comment

actually thinking on...wasnt it ready eddie?

Comment

I reckon eddie lived next to sellafield.

Comment

Im an old sod so remember the advert from 1980 aged 17 very well.

See It here:- http://www.weetabix.co.uk/time_machi...deo1_hi_qt.asp

I also Glow in the dark having eaten glow paint at such a young and tender age!

Bod.

Comment

That link doesn't appear to work at the moment, but apparently, Weetabix are currently updating their website.

Wasn't the next line in the "Eddie" Ready-Brek advert along the lines of "It's Ready Brek, in just a sec, that makes our Eddie so cool."?

Comment

Re: Ready Brek advert

His name is READY EDDY

In 1988 (i think) you could cut three glow tokens out of the ready brek box and send off for a ready Eddy hand Puppet.

Attached is picture of him. After all these years, I still have him and he still looks new.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Ready Eddy ads were sung to the tune of Nelly The Elephant, Toy Dolls style.

There was also a full page ad in The Beano around that time.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think I remember that,I certainly remember Eddy.I loved Ready brek,shame you can't get the butter one anymore,I loved it.

tulip

Comment

http://youtu.be/v8FQBiTVV10

Heres the 'Ready Eddie' Ad. Remember him well - he looked like a Chad to me. He was used as Lyons mascot for the brand back then, after that I think Weetabix bought the brand when Lyons sold off/went bust sadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X