Matchbox Motorway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchbox Motorway

Matchbox Motorway was a little like Scalextric but you were able to use your own Matchbox sized toy cars. You slotted the track together, but before putting the final piece in, you had to push two really long springs through the length of the track and join it up to complete a loop - one spring for each lane. You were provided with small plastic pegs which you taped to the bottom of your toy cars. The pins fitted through the slot in the track and into the spring underneath. You could set it up like a racetrack with both lanes going in the same direction or like a normal road with the lanes going in opposite directions. The spring was pulled round the track by a cog in one part of the track and this dragged the cars along. It was controlled with hand controllers, just like with Scalextric. It provided me with hours and hours of fun.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Matchbox Motorway

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I off-loaded all my Matchbox Motorway, and all my Tri-ang Minic racing stuff only last year on ebay!

Does anyone else find themselves spotting something (usually on ebay) and thinking, no no stop it, can't collect that as well? Soooo hard to resist sometimes..I'm back onto (again) my 60's & 70's football trading cards & sticker albums

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Does anyone remember these??

Plug Buggies?? vegetable shaped vehicles??

Comment

Wow that was a blast from the past. I remember the noise and the wobbly road.

Comment

wow talk about a blast from the past matchbox motorway.
              i had so forgotten about this but niow the memories come flooding back.
              great to see this again.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X