Song memories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song memories....

ok not the best title of a thread ever but.....thinking about a song that when you hear them it brings back a time or event in your life ( and I'm not thinking "your song" slush) more like something funny, joyous, strange , spooky even songs that remind you of an old boss or job you hated?

I'll start

Clapton-Knocking on Heavens Door"-holiday in Coventry
    A Cooper-Schools Out- leaving school
    Sabrina -Boys Boys Boys-working in France(oh and her video)
    Mungo Jerry-School Trip to St Andrews and my first encounter with the opposite sex!!!
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Re: Song memories....

Loads..
    Aztec Camera-walk out to winter/Lost outside the tunnel - trips to Dartford to see girlfriend
    Aztec Camera-We could send letters- ditto but UEA (Norwich)
    Aztec Camera-Knife-ditto

Ok, just the whole of 'High land hard rain'
    one of the greatest debut albums of all time
    great amateur review here
    http://nowwhathappens.blogspot.com/2...d-rain-by.html
    Last edited by sixtyten; 30-09-2007, 00:03.

Comment

I don't have any particular activity in mind but the (one-hit wonders) Alessi Brothers' Oh Lori puts me in our back garden during the summer hols of '77 waiting to go up the town with my mum (for some strange reason).

Comment

Nik Kershaw I wont let the Sun Go Down On Me and Whams Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go Reminds me of Butlins Holidays, the trip there and back in the car.
        I've Had The Time Of My Life-Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes Last song of a Red Cross holiday disco. Happy Times
        Doing the Time Warp whilst drunk
        Last edited by Heather74; 30-09-2007, 19:53.
        Heather

Comment

Some songs for me trigger exact memories as if snapshots in time, not major events, just stuff I was doing when the song was on radio/Tv. Some smells have the same effect, kind of like a time machine that doesn't really go there.

Comment

Michael Jackson-Billy Jean-dad dancing whilst drunk complete with crotch hugging motions.
            The eyes have it!
            sigpic

Comment

I believe you - Dorothy Moore (Reminds me of my Husband!)
              I love to Love - Tina Charles (Reminds me of just being young)
              Take it on the Run - REO Speedwagon - (Reminds me of going out in my friends car when she had just passed her test at 17!)
              Dancing on the Floor - Third world (reminds me of getting ready to go out as a teenager)
              Mickey - Toni Basil - (Reminds me of my engagement party in 1982)

The list could go on and on!!

Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson - My favourtine as a small child as well as Excerpt from a Teenage Opera by Keith West.
              sigpic

Comment

Heaven on the seventh floor - Paul Nicholas - **** song but reminds me a a really hot summer in 77 in New Zealand - the tarseal on all the roads started to melt and peoples' shoes were getting stuck in it when they were crossing the road! When I play H O t 7th F again I always feel warm again ...

Comment

Goodness, hundred of songs evoke memories for me, but the ones that come to mind immediately are these...

Dizzy by Tommy Roe......My first holiday romance when I was 12

Never Can say goodbye...Gloria Gaynor....first song my little baby still in nappies danced to

Get ready cause here I come..The temptations

I used to date a 'fair boy'' and they used to play that song on the rides a lot!

Comment

Madonna - "La Isla Bonita"

This song reminds me of my first ever visit to the Tropicana leisure centre at Weston-super-Mare, on Monday 31 August 1987. Aged 15 at the time (well just a month short of my 16th birthday), I was with my aunt, my gran and grandad. We got in around midday and had lunch. After a short gap I spent the afternoon enjoying the two water slides most of the time. The only times I was in the fun pool was when the waves were on.

A number of recent hits of the time kept being played repeatedly on the sound system through the afternoon. One of them which I heard several times that afternoon was Madonna - "La Isla Bonita", so every time I've heard that song on TV or radio since it's reminded me of this visit to Tropicana, Weston-super-Mare.
                    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Queen - One Vision: This song reminds me of when my parents had a barbeque party just after we moved into this house (I was 4). The weird voices at the beginning of the song scared me, and I asked Mum to turn the song off and said it was too "violent" for some strange reason. :P

John Farnham - You're The Voice: This was the first song I ever fell in love with, and it reminds me of being in the car with Dad, while we drove to the parachuting centre he used to go to.

Miami Sound Machine - Dr. Beat: This was on a CD that my Dad gave me when he didn't want it anymore (the first CD I ever had :P ). My little sister used to love that song, and we'd always put it on whenever we played with our dolls in my room.

Hawkwind - Silver Machine: Dad played this on the way home after my first concert, and now it reminds me of driving fast down a dark motorway, with my ears still ringing slightly after a very loud and very fun night. ^-^

Comment

dancing on the ceiling, was playing when i was sat next to my mate as he knocked down a guy who just left a nightclub, damn scary :2 broken legs oops!
                        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

also, anything by celine dion reminds me i must get some new razor blades
                          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Gansters by the Specials.....Great time at butlins holiday camp when i discovered girls.

Comment

Working...
                            X