Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Rockets/Bombs

Any other guys remember these?

They may have been posted already but can't search for the word "cap" but couldn't find them under bomb or rocket.

The paper cap went under the spring loaded firing pin then you lobbed them at your mates head/cat/dog/sister and it would set the cap off. Wonder if they still do them? Wonder if they still sell the rolls of paper caps??

You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Re: Cap Rockets/Bombs

Used to have these all the time, but haven't seen them in ages. I know you can still get rolls of paper caps, they haven't been banned yet, but I'm sure it won't be long!

Comment

Yeah you're right about the caps Gothic, they'll probably ban them soon. We used to set them off in our mouths with our thumbnails and blow the smoke out...and we're still here to tell the tale
      Last edited by sixtyten; 03-10-2007, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcymarky View Post
        Yeah you're right about the caps Gothic, they'll probably ban them soon. We used to set them off in our mouths with our thumbnails and blow the smoke out...and we're still here to tell the tale
        That's made my day. Thank you.

Can you remember Snappits/Devil bangers? We used to try and make one huge Snappit out of the whole box to create a 'nuclear bomb', as above, we're still here to tell the tale (slight radiation burns tho...).

Comment

Caps were great fun, and only cost ya 2 1/2p for 100. Still plenty of caps sold in my local toy shop (not at that price though.)
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Snappits, were they they little paper wraps that exploded when then hit the floor? Had some kind of chemical crystals in them or something?

Comment

Snappits, were they they little paper wraps that exploded when then hit the floor? Had some kind of chemical crystals in them or something?
              That's the one.

Comment

You can still get these under all sorts of names, Devil Bangers (that sort of name). Used to upset people cause if you threw them at a window they would leave a little black mark that could be a real pig to get off. Not that I ever did anything like that.
                Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                sigpic

Comment

Used to have the old metal ones, held together with an elastic band which you would have to pry apart to insert the cap. Looked a little like the old Buck Rogers idea of a space craft in the 21st century...
                  Two or three pennys they were! Great until the band snapped and/or the nose got lost.

Comment

They may have been posted already but can't search for the word "cap" but couldn't find them under bomb or rocket.

The paper cap went under the spring loaded firing pin then you lobbed them at your mates head/cat/dog/sister and it would set the cap off. Wonder if they still do them? Wonder if they still sell the rolls of paper caps??

I can remember these! I used to get them free in a thing called a 'Lucky Bag'...a bag that included a bubble gum [usually with a collectable football card enclosed], some sweets that would probably be banned nowadays for the ingredients, and always a stick of liquorice. The free 'toy' was one of these or something else that was small but nonetheless amusing, the other toy I remember is a little soldier on a plastic parachute, It generally fell like a stone though! Thanks for inspiring the memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
                      You can still get these under all sorts of names, Devil Bangers (that sort of name). Used to upset people cause if you threw them at a window they would leave a little black mark that could be a real pig to get off. Not that I ever did anything like that.

I can remember putting LOADS of these [we would have to chip in to buy enough!] in a sardine tin that someones mum didn't cut the entire lid off of, then put it on the train track and hide until the coal train came through and made it explode. Ahhhhh, what memories

Comment

Used to have a Junkers 87 divebomber, made by Dinky I think, back in the early 70's that had one of these bombs on it. The caps would prob be against health and safety/ PC laws now

Comment

These were great , I had a arsenal of them. I also vaguely remember some smaller all metal versions held together with a rubber band .......fold up loads of caps squeeze em in , lob it in the air and one helluva bang when it detonated ...happy days

Comment

Originally posted by spadino View Post
                            I can remember these! I used to get them free in a thing called a 'Lucky Bag'...a bag that included a bubble gum [usually with a collectable football card enclosed], some sweets that would probably be banned nowadays for the ingredients, and always a stick of liquorice. The free 'toy' was one of these or something else that was small but nonetheless amusing, the other toy I remember is a little soldier on a plastic parachute, It generally fell like a stone though! Thanks for inspiring the memories!
                            Wow!!!! I vaguely remember the 'Lucky Bag'.............definitely the rocket bombs, but had completely forgotten about the soldier on a plastic parachute Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-shocked032.gif
Views:	6
Size:	981 Bytes
ID:	260235. Thanks for reminding me .

Comment

Originally posted by Hamlrt View Post
                              These were great , I had a arsenal of them. I also vaguely remember some smaller all metal versions held together with a rubber band .......fold up loads of caps squeeze em in , lob it in the air and one helluva bang when it detonated ...happy days

yep I had a couple of those little metal ones. Outstand memory revival there Cheers!!

Also I remember using caps too 100 microdots in a roll jobbie and found (or got told) if you get 2 nuts and one bolt and put a cap inbetween the 2 bolts screwed together with the 1 bolt and threw it at the ground either end you got a good bang out of that, as good as the little white wraps which now adays would be full of crystal meth or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X