Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom & Jerry Runaround

Hey guys,

Have had a scour through the boards, but couldn't find anything on this title.

It would've been produced early-to-mid 1970's, and featured a 3D set of cardboard walls, with doors and trap doors. There were magnetic Tom & Jerry pieces, controlled from underneath the board with magnets, mounted on woodern rods.

The idea was for Jerry to race around the board, and snag the plastic food pieces (cheese, string of sausages etc), and for the player controlling Tom to stop him.

From what I remember (I would've been about 5 when I played it at a friends), it was quite an expansive, elaborate game for the time...but I can't find anything about it on the web at all!

Can anybody shed any more light?

Cheers

Rob

Re: Tom & Jerry Runaround

Not much to go on at all because there is no mention of the contents, but does the picture ring a bell
    Heather

Comment

Good grief - that was quick!

The picture is identical, but I'm certain that the wording was defianately Tom & Jerry RunAround; I'm guessing this is the same game!

Now I come to think of it, the main object of the game was to have Jerry steal each piece of food, and get it past the fence in the back yard (where the vicious, Tom-eating dog was), before going back into the house for another raid.

I also seem to remember the woddern sticks getting frequently-broken, due to the furious movement of each player

Comment

Ah - just been doing some more checking, and the 'Tom And Jerry Game' is definately not the 'RunAround version': http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/game/13732

...Back to the hunt!

Comment

Funnily enough, Rob, I've been looking for this Tom & Jerry Runaround game too. Not to buy, but just to reminisce over.

I can't confirm the title for you, but I remember playing it, just the once. There was a boy who visited his Grandma on my estate. I'd befriended him at some point and he'd call for me during his visits. I remember him as seeming more well-off than any of us lot; as he often brought round flamboyant and expensive toys none of us had seen the like of.

But yes, I remember the privilege of one game on one afternoon of my childhood of the Tom & Jerry game you're describing. 3D assembled colourful card rooms, little plastic fod pieces and the characters controlled by magnets on long handles. It seemed amazing!!!!

It's a memory that stayed with me forever (like a lot of toys you can never have for yourself). I'd love to see a pic of it....or better still, a little video of it in action.

Someone must still have it. Like you, I've scoured the internet quite ruthlessly, but not yet caught a glimpse.

...Jamo.

Comment

Never let it be said DYR give in lightly

Tom & Jerry Run-Around made by Berwick.
            Last edited by Heather74; 01-06-2008, 14:46.
            Heather

Comment

Last edited by Heather74; 01-06-2008, 14:08.
              Heather

Comment

Fantastic. Great seeing it again. Cheers.

...Jamo

Comment

Working...
                X