Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biscuits 70's -80's

Can anyone help me??
    i remember having some biscuits think it would of been the 70's i was born 71 and i think i was about 7 or 8 i also remember they were bought from hillards,
    the biscuits were pastel coloured no one seems to remember them it WAS the biscuit that was coloured no icing, and the biscuit was the kind that sort of melted in your mouth, and i remember them being plain,
    Please tell me someone can remember them, honestly i was on this planet
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Re: Biscuits 70's -80's

I think I remember them! I was born in 71 too and I seem to remember a shop selling them in my local market. I used to call them "monster biscuits" when my grandad used to take me shopping there, which makes me think they had pictures of monsters on them! I don't remember them being pastel colours though, I'm sure they were quite bright primary colours. Plenty of E numbers in there which you'd probably get imprisoned for selling these days!

I also remember biscuits that were quite small without any cream or patterns on them, they were a darkish brown colour and they were small and square with rounded corners. They were gorgeous but nobody seems to remember them except me!

Comment

HI Jez could you be thinking of spooks biscuits?
      https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...-biscuits.html

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by jez286 View Post
        I also remember biscuits that were quite small without any cream or patterns on them, they were a darkish brown colour and they were small and square with rounded corners. They were gorgeous but nobody seems to remember them except me!
        I remember those! Didn't they have a sort of caramel taste to them? They were lovely.

It's going to drive me up the wall trying to remember what they were called now

Comment

I remember spooks. A staple of any birthday party in the early 70's, along with rowntrees jelly and princes/sutherlands spread butties.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            I remember spooks. A staple of any birthday party in the early 70's, along with rowntrees jelly and princes/sutherlands spread butties.
            Oh Branny! Princes spread? I think I can honestly say that that is one thing I can't get nostalgic for. Had some a couple years back and was just left a bit let down.

Malted biscuits as a treat? Sounds wrong to me - then again, I was more of an Iced Rings kind of kid.

Comment

One sort of biscuit I remember was a thinnish ginger one with a gridded pattern on them.

Me & my brother used to nickname them plughole biscuits because of this.

I don't think I've seen one in over 20 years.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

In response to jez286 - I Remember Oaten Crunch biscuits they were the best, can't remember who made them?
                Last edited by SwedishElephant; 19-05-2010, 10:24. Reason: To make clear to whom I was responding to

Comment

Originally posted by jez286 View Post

I think I remember them! I was born in 71 too and I seem to remember a shop selling them in my local market. I used to call them "monster biscuits" when my grandad used to take me shopping there, which makes me think they had pictures of monsters on them! I don't remember them being pastel colours though, I'm sure they were quite bright primary colours. Plenty of E numbers in there which you'd probably get imprisoned for selling these days!

i think they were called caramel cookies i have been trying to find some for awhile

Comment

Yes Caramel Cookies my Nana used to buy them, the closest thing I have found taste wise are Lotus Biscoff

Comment

I remember them as monster biscuits, they were vibrant colours with a different monster for every colour. The yellow ones were called Yellow Peril. Loved them x

Comment

Working...
                      X