Twinkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twinkle

Twinkle was a comic for little girls and I remember it had a cut out picture of a doll and then every week (I think) there would be a new outfit to cut out and you could dress your doll with it. Oh to be 5 again!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Twinkle

Just found these

Last edited by karenbrown18; 05-02-2008, 13:03. Reason: spelling
    sigpic

Comment

LOOK !! Two lots for sale on eBay - this is one of them -

and more info available on Wikipedia too - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkle_(comic)
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I loved this!
        Such a perfect comic for little girls.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My sister read it when she was very young.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I loved Twinkle. The "Dolls Hospital" was at the back as I seem to remember.

Comment

I loved Twinkle...These are the stories I remember...'My Baby Brother'(He's small, he's sweet, he's seldom neat...he's full of fun and joy. He's grubby, friendly, naughty, cute, like any little boy'). 'Polly's Magic Paintbox' and 'Nurse Nancy' (or that could've been 'The Doll's Hospital'.

I have a few memories of good stories from annuals. There was one particular one about a Queen who was quite fat, she used to sit and knit all day and eat loads of choccies. One day she decided to dress up as a peasant woman and mingle with the townsfolk. I forget what happened but I know she ended up working somewhere 'cos no one believed she was the Queen. At the end she lost loads of weight and knitted some cool stuff....when she arrived home at the palace, the King was delighted at his new slim wife. A bit Prince and the Pauperish. There was another one about a group of kids who lived in a dull miserable looking street. They all decided to paint each of the front doors a different colour. Sounds a bit boring but I liked it.

Comment

I remember once when i was off school ill my mother brought me a comic to read, Twinkle She didn't realise it was a girls comic.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                  Twinkle was a comic for little girls and I remember it had a cut out picture of a doll and then every week (I think) there would be a new outfit to cut out and you could dress your doll with it. Oh to be 5 again!

More...
                  yes i remember it well .dolls hospital was my favourite story

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                    I remember once when i was off school ill my mother brought me a comic to read, Twinkle She didn't realise it was a girls comic.
                    Exactly the same thing happened to me. I was a keen reader as a kid (still am) and I was off school with glandular fever and my mother was buying me loads of comics to keep me occupied. Twinkle was one of them on a few occasions! Not a bad read as I remember even for a 9 year old lad! Lol.
                    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                    X