Two-Tone Tonic Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Tone Tonic Trousers

Two tone tonic trousers were worn by Mods, Skinheads and Suedeheads in the late 60's and early 70's. They were mostly made to measure as part of a tonic suit but Levis made them in Staprest, as did other manufacturers, but Levis' were considered the best. Two-Tone Tonic Trousers made a revival with groups like Madness, The Jam, The Specials in the late 70's.They can still be had now if you know where to look.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

I've been revisiting a lot of ska music and the fashions that went with the music (besides lots of b&w checked everything). I'm still sporting the white socks with black loafers look. I think of the work boots (Dr. Martens) as more an aggressive thing fashion-wise (and not sure many females would be wearing those until maybe later). I thought Pauline Black, Rhoda Dakar and The Bodysnatchers were very stylin' at the time, also The Go-Gos for the retro thing too, but outside a b&w checks Hawaiian radio station promo t-shirt I probably wouldn't fit in. My BF is very into Mod stuff but dresses more classic blues guy (having been more Mod/Beatles when younger). I got him a BOAC flight-bag once but I guess it came a decade or two too late as an accessory, he seems to prefer a surplus Scandinavian gas-mask bag circa WWII these days and just keep audio gear in the BOAC relic.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Were they made of denim and looked like jeans?
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

These are mentioned in the song Jonny Raggae by The Piglets.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
        X