some 'cool' 80's ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some 'cool' 80's ads

There were some pretty cool ads on TV back in the mid 80s none of which I am able to find on youtube. I was big into cars and rock music at the time so thats probably why these few imprinted themselves on me. Anyone remember these:-

Texaco (i think) - early misty morning on a quiet country road with the sound of crows cawing. The guy pulls into a petrol station in a Porsche 944, fills it up then goes to pay. You see him buy a cassette which he casually rams into the player of his car, starts it up and accelerates off to the sound of 'Born to be Wild'

Pirelli - A couple with their very young child are driving through very bad weather. As they are driving through a forest the mist in front of them takes on the shape of numerous scary faces which wash over the windscreen. The car eventually pulls up safely outside the couples house (cue scene of the cute baby yawning peacefully). This advert btw was later shortenend with the removal of the scary mist faces due to complaints I imagine.

Limara bodyspray - Cartoon character blonde bathing in a fairytale lake to the sound of Stevie Lange's 'Remember my Name'.

Classic Rock LPs (can't remember the exact name) - Sword and scorcery cartoon character riding a horse to the sound of 'Paint it Black' played by a symphony orchestra.

Has anyone seen these since they were on TV back then?

Re: some 'cool' 80's ads

Oooh found the music from the Limara advert here:

http://www.stevielange.com/music.htm

It's the song 'remember my name' but on the advert she sang Limara over the 'remember' bit. Surely someone remembers that tune blasting out in the ad breaks. It was quite a popular advert due to the (ahem) risque cartoon.

Comment

Ain't ringing no bells here

Comment

Voila!

Limara ad - here's the youtube link:

YouTube - Limara Body Spray 1985

Comment

Thanks for the link....haven't seen that since I was a teen (many moons ago)

Comment

I think i've seen that first ad, also on You Tube. If I can recall where, I'll post the URL

Comment

Originally posted by RiJoJo View Post
              There were some pretty cool ads on TV back in the mid 80s none of which I am able to find on youtube. I was big into cars and rock music at the time so thats probably why these few imprinted themselves on me. Anyone remember these:-

Texaco (i think) - early misty morning on a quiet country road with the sound of crows cawing. The guy pulls into a petrol station in a Porsche 944, fills it up then goes to pay. You see him buy a cassette which he casually rams into the player of his car, starts it up and accelerates off to the sound of 'Born to be Wild'

Pirelli - A couple with their very young child are driving through very bad weather. As they are driving through a forest the mist in front of them takes on the shape of numerous scary faces which wash over the windscreen. The car eventually pulls up safely outside the couples house (cue scene of the cute baby yawning peacefully). This advert btw was later shortenend with the removal of the scary mist faces due to complaints I imagine.

Limara bodyspray - Cartoon character blonde bathing in a fairytale lake to the sound of Stevie Lange's 'Remember my Name'.

Classic Rock LPs (can't remember the exact name) - Sword and scorcery cartoon character riding a horse to the sound of 'Paint it Black' played by a symphony orchestra.

Has anyone seen these since they were on TV back then?
              How sad am i, i have a classic rock tape cassette with a picture of the knight on the horse.Released by telstar.sold in B.P petrol stations it has the B.P logo on the side with B.P LIFESTYLE written on it dated 1988
              still plays very quality music song's are
              side 1
              fanfare intro/rhapsody in black
              reach out i'll be there
              chariots of fire
              bohemian rhapsody
              side 2
              baker street
              for your love
              amrican trilogy
              layla
              oh my i'll get me anorak