Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures

Anyone been an ABC minor? It was a club at the ABC cinemas for children to go to the 'flix' on Saturday mornings. They had their own song [which I sadly remember the words to] Glow in the dark badges and you stood on the stage when it was your birthday. Everyones ambition was to become a 'monitor' coz then you got in for free! It was only a tanner anyway.

Re: Pictures

'fraid I was VERY fickle !! I was lucky enough to live less than half a mile from an ABC, an Odeon, a Capitol and a Gaumont theatre and I visited the one I fancied on that particular day

We come along on Saturday mornings
    Greeting everybody with a Smile
    We come along on Saturday mornings
    Knowing it's well worth while .....
    As members of the Odeon club,
    We all intend to be,
    Good citizens when we grow up,
    And champions of the free,
    We come along on Saturday morning,
    Greeting everybody with a smile, smile, smile,
    Greeting everybody with a smile.
    Last edited by joybee; 22-10-2007, 21:02.
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Ahhh halcyon days! I remember our great rivals were the 'Grenadiers' from the Granada down the road, it was only a small town so only two cinemas.

Out song was

'We are the boys and girls well known as,
      Minors of the ABC.
      And every Saturday all line up,
      To see the films we like,
      And laugh aloud with glee.

We love to laugh
      And have our sing songs
      Just a happy faaammmiillllleeee.
      We're all pals together
      WE'RE MINORS OF THE A-B.C!!'

Comment

Sadly Saturday morning TV such as TISWAS & Multi Coloured Swap Shop killed off Saturday morning kids shows at the cinema. The cinema's couldn't compete
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

But yes Spadino I was an ABC minor If it was your birthday you were called to the stage & all the other kids would sing Happy Birthday to you & you would receive the coveted ABC Minors badge. Similar to a Blue Peter badge but better
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
          X