Cadburys Wispa Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadburys Wispa Bars

Cadburys Wispa Bars were first produced in 1981. They were a chocolate bar with air bubbbles in it (like an Aero but from Cadburys). Original Wispa bars came in a distinctive blue packaging with bold red letters. The Wispa product range included the original milk chocolate bar and Wispa Gold, Wispa Mint and Wispa Bite. They dissapeared off the face of the earth in august 2003 and were replaced by the Dairy Milk Bubbly, which I might add is nowhere near as nice. Why did Cadburys take away our beloved Wispa bar? We will never know.Wispas have reappeared in October 2007 for a limited run, back by popular demand and petitions on networking sites such as Facebook. hopefully they will be back for good this time!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Cadburys Wispa Bars

They made the one with Caramel inside as well. I wonder if they will re-release that one as well?

Comment

Oohh i hope so
      Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Toxi View Post
        They made the one with Caramel inside as well. I wonder if they will re-release that one as well?
        Wispa Gold, was more of a Wispa Mint fan myself
        Heather

Comment

Ooooh!

Comment

"
            Wispas were Cadbury’s answer to Nestlés’ Aero bar. The bar is a blend of dark and dairy milk chocolate and tiny bubbles. First released here in the North East in 1981, after tremendous success it was rolled out nationally in 1983 with a massive high profile advertising campaign. Production ceased some years later when Cadbury's cited production problems with its innovative production technique. It was thought to be bars breaking on the production line. Wispa returned to the market later with a slightly different formulation.
            In 1995 Wispa Gold (caramel filling) was launched. This was later followed by Wispa Bite (caramel and biscuit filling), Wispa Mint (mint layer) and Wispaccino (coffee filling)
            Production was stopped in 2003 to the horror of many people. It was replaced with Dairy milk bubbly, bringing it inline with other Cadbury’s products. "

Wispacinno? Never had that one
            Last edited by sixtyten; 14-11-2007, 20:13.
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I never saw the ones with the coffee filling

Comment

Think they were a limited edition towards the end of its shelf life

Comment

Originally posted by Toxi View Post
                  They were the BEST ones!!! mmmmm i remember em now!!!!

Comment

Cadburys have just announced that after that successful trial, wispas are coming back for good
                    Last edited by sixtyten; 04-08-2008, 16:00.

Comment

Yay!!!
                      Heather

Comment

I think Wispa Gold which I used to love may be coming back as a limited edition.

Comment

Would defintely love Wispa Gold to come back. Loved that.

Also loved Nuts about Caramel which came out at the end of the 90s and was around for a few years.

Comment

Cadburys Wispa Bars

Great news that the greatest 90's chocolate bar is making a comeback for a limited period. From September 13th Wispa Gold's will be on the sweet shelves again. I really like this choccy bar from Cadbury's and am really happy it is making a return.

Source; Wispa Gold makes a comeback

Comment

Cadburys Wispa Bars

Lovely, I'll be buying one or two or.....
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X