Julian Cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Cope

I really like his song China Doll, which is on one of my 80's DVDs. Reward by The Teardop Explodes has a good horn section too.

Re: Julian Cope

Reward is classic

Comment

Julian Cope is performing in Liverpool with Pete Burns(Dead or Alive),in September as a tribute to the former Liverpool club Erics

Comment

I vote for cope!

'The Great Dominions'.......

Kevin x

Comment

I worked with his mum when I did my nursery nursing placement. He used to come to meet her after school!

Comment

The Arch-Drude is the best. I am a fan of all his work right through to the present day and visit his website, Julian Cope presents Head Heritage almost daily. His latest album- The Unruly Imagination- is awesome, and I can't wait for his upcoming appearance at Manchester's Whitworth Art Gallery. A true genius who shows no signs of slowing down.

Comment

I'm a BIG Cope fan, though I'm out of touch with his recent albums. Adored "Jehovahkill". My favourite Teardrops song EVER is "Treason" - I have 2 versions, the original and the B-side French version - cracks me up ("C'est juste une histoire....")"Reward"next then "Reynard The Fox".

Never liked "China Doll" but find the video poignant cos it stars Pete de Freitas (deceased) from the Bunnymen, looking so young and gorgeous - what a waste.

Comment

We have all his albums,books etc....
                Frame.

The Devil's Arrows (Standing Stones) | UK | The Modern Antiquarian.com
                "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Another major Drude fan here.. My Fav of his is the "World Shut your Mouth" debut solo album... quintessentally British..and the comedown album Fried is brilliant too.. Seen him live a few times, a great storyteller.
                  I demand they release the Modern Antiquarian on DVD.
                  The whole series is up on Youtube (or was)

Comment

I have 'My Nation Underground' on CD which features 'China Doll' and 'Charlotte Anne'. 'China Doll' was one of the first singles I ever bought (on cassette), and I must admit it is one of my favourite Julian Cope songs.
                    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Saw in at the Royal court in Liverpool on the Jehovahkill tour,he was fantastic,now listening to "the bloody Assizes" from the Fired album

Comment

Reward was an incredible song.When i first heard it,i was awestruck at how brilliant it was.Julian Cope lives in Avebury Trusloe now with his family,so he can visit the stones all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X