PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in the 90's

dondons69
06-06-2005, 18:03
I can remember dancing to things like the macerena, whigfields saturday night, and t - spoons sex on the beach, how very sad we must have all looked but we thought we were cool!!!:o

dean80's
07-06-2005, 14:02
I can remember watching people like you dancing to things like the macerena, whigfields saturday night, and t - spoons sex on the beach, thinking they were cool....

Oh how wrong they were.... LOL

dondons69
07-06-2005, 14:07
so i looked silly then is that what you're saying!!!

dean80's
07-06-2005, 14:09
the people i was watching were, i dont think you were there dear....

SG1973
06-12-2006, 14:26
Oh, Dondons - keep that one to yourself mate. Street cred levels dropping as I write. :D :D :D

Cal
06-12-2006, 15:26
i remember trying to learn how to break dance :eek: i know its more 80's than 90's ....looking back i think i can asign most of my old age allements to the misshap's from trying to spin on my head:D

xloz69x
28-02-2007, 19:21
lol dondons your not alone lol i admitted in another thread to dancing to whigfield

batman
05-03-2007, 11:16
Saturday night, be my baby. Da de dum da dee dada, dada da.

Um, how did that song go again, lol? ;)

dean80's
05-03-2007, 12:29
did anyone dance to the dreaded a-ga-doo or the 'birdie song'?

Dean
02-04-2007, 20:55
Don't knock Whigfields "Saturday Night" !
I first heard the record played on the dance floor of a North Sea Ferry disco. My wife and I were so impressed by the tune we named our eldest cat after the singer! (he is more commonly known as Whiggy- just returned to us after a week of being missing - with a mangled paw after being caught in a gin trap in the vets opinion. If I find the person who set the trap I will personally feed his d**k into said trap!!)
Dean.

Dr Beauchamp
13-06-2007, 01:12
TRAGEDY!!!! by Steps

In fact any Steps song reminds me of going to clubs with a 'certain' clientelle in the nineties.

The reception mix of Tragedy had it's own unique dance and the whole club used to do it...made for an amazing atmosphere.

I remember doing the Locomotion and OOps Upside Your Head as a kid when I went to parties and that stupid Superman song.

Heather74
14-06-2007, 12:30
oh I forgot the superman song, and spray, go for a walk, comb your hair.....OK...
Stunner. But was that not more 80's:confused::p

bumblelady
14-06-2007, 21:44
we still do them at our holiday sites dont we heather,

Heather74
14-06-2007, 21:52
:D I Sure would, We go two weeks on Saturday Bumble, Dead excited I cant wait, I even love doing all the clothes shopping for the kids, hope it nice just brought loads of lovely little shorts sets:D, Rory Tiger here we come........:p

EDIT to all the burgalars in Stoke, we have a Great big Dog and nosey Neighbours.

Mulletino
15-06-2007, 07:46
Well, i've just been compiling a few CDs for someone's "90s party" that i'm going to tonight, I shall have to report back about any dodgy 90s dancing going on. I think Wigfield, Macarena and some others are already on the cards. ;) The party host even has 90210 Twister! :eek:

Makes you feel even older doesn't it! :(

xmark1234
07-07-2007, 14:27
i still do dance to them i think im still in the 80s and 90s lol

solatude
07-07-2007, 21:25
I have to admit to drunkenly trying to dance to Saturday night a few times, and i think its worse cos a im a bloke to!!:confused:

Another embarrassing memory is when the James song 'Sit Down' came on i and everyone else use to sit down on the dance floor and sway... how sad is that! At the time we all thought it was cool.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3DF5qkZ9WU&NR=1

ScAnFrEaK
13-01-2009, 01:53
hey there people, I'm trying to remember a this specific song that came out sometime around '94, it was a dance song with a guy and a girl, the guy is playing an organ and the girl is singing.... also the scene in the video from what i can remember looks like phantom of the opera while he's playing the organ... but trust me, it's hype :)

Any ideas? . ....I think it might be by captain hollywood project...but not sure of the name.

agfagaevart
21-01-2009, 13:53
Did anyone else do the Bogle dance in the clubs during the 1990s? Or was it just moi? :rolleyes:

ridski
11-02-2009, 01:33
Did anyone else do the Bogle dance in the clubs during the 1990s? Or was it just moi? :rolleyes:

I've yet to figure out what Bogling actually was. I did, however, have two main dance moves in the early 90s... If it had guitars, I would dance like Bez from the Happy Mondays. If it was techno or housey or hip-hop or something, I'd dance like MC Hammer. Believe it or not, I was actually pretty good at both of those...

no breakdancing, though... :-(

agfagaevart
11-02-2009, 14:52
:D

It was easy. Just bend your knees, and do a chopping motion with your arms. That's it!

ridski
11-02-2009, 23:14

It was easy. Just bend your knees, and do a chopping motion with your arms. That's it!

Hmm...

Sounds terribly unfamiliar. Then again, I tended to stay away from the more 'townie' sort of nightclubs back then... ;)

bun
19-08-2009, 20:59
Early 90's rave dancing OMG, remember Bez in the happy mondays and ian brown in the stone roses! weird spaced out moves.
But The COOL Progidy who are back now with a vengence and have grown with the times...I watched their Out of Space video the other day, and the way they danced made me wet me pants:eek:
WATCH ......YouTube - Out of Space .Prodigy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9OBlcCiDk)

ridski
20-08-2009, 15:53
Early 90's rave dancing OMG, remember Bez in the happy mondays and ian brown in the stone roses! weird spaced out moves.
But The COOL Progidy who are back now with a vengence and have grown with the times...I watched their Out of Space video the other day, and the way they danced made me wet me pants:eek:
WATCH ......YouTube - Out of Space .Prodigy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9OBlcCiDk)

Ha! I used to dance like that! Awesome!

Tracy
12-10-2009, 09:04

Ha ha ha, that tickled me :D;)

branny
18-10-2009, 14:11
Its carried on into the 00's. Las Ketchup.

ncpcov
26-08-2011, 23:24
I remember dancing to Saturday night in more than one night clubs - but the great thing was the WHOLE dancefloor was joining in - we looked silly but we all looked silly together...good times.

Llamarama
07-02-2012, 21:28
The Macarena... Every school disco for a few years... The horror... At least you weren't the only one that looked like a fool! :)

80sChav
07-02-2012, 21:29
Don't knock Whigfields "Saturday Night" !
I first heard the record played on the dance floor of a North Sea Ferry disco. My wife and I were so impressed by the tune we named our eldest cat after the singer! (he is more commonly known as Whiggy- just returned to us after a week of being missing - with a mangled paw after being caught in a gin trap in the vets opinion. Dean.

Indeed it was a brilliant song. This represented Dance Music at it's best for me in this era!, as too did group's like Haddoway as well.

bun
27-08-2012, 16:53
hmm yes 90's dance music, so glad the chemical bros & progidy came along just in time to save real dance music!:rolleyes:

80sChav
27-08-2012, 18:10
Though I did'nt do much dancing in the 1990s (though more than I do these day's in saying that -there sure was some great group's and singer's who made the 1990s the "Dance Decade" which made it way way different from the 1980s - though the 1980s was more my kind of music to dance to.

Dancing in the 1990s to the likes of Whigfield (Saturday Night), Haddoway (What Is Love), Oasis (Don't Look Back In Anger and Wonderwall) and group's like The Spice girls and Take That and Boyzone was just so different and bring's thoughts of "happy times" for me, but I really realy appreciated the music like Whigfield and Haddoway that was just so differing from the Mainstream type that had been about until their era I thought, that made dancing in this era excellent I think.

80sChav