Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First pay packet

What did you do with it ?

Bought a jacket ,went out that night and blew the lot!

Was horrified when I realised I was supposed to give some to my mam and also I should have kept some for bus fares to work etc.

Week two was miserable cos I had to payback the borrows and stayed in sulking while my mates went clubbing.

Week three I lost the lot in betting shop before I even got home.

(nothing much has changed LOL )

Re: First pay packet

Got paid monthly so it felt like a lifetime waiting for my first payslip. Wrote my first cheque to my Mum for board, carefully worked out what I needed for spending money till next pay day and blew the rest on clothes and make up.

Comment

I still have my first pay slip, sad huh
      Half went to Dad and Mum for board. And the other half like Kass went on clothes which would probably just about covered cost of a pair of Jeans
      Heather

Comment

I bought myself fish and chips and 2oz of Baccy, then paid £10 to mum and dad. incidentally it was a £26.25 payslip. Oh the joys of the Y.T.S

Comment

My parents refused to buy me "expensive" Nike trainers when I was in school while saying "If you were paying for them yourself you wouldn't buy them".
          So my first apprentice pay packet went on a pair of Air Jordans just so I could say "see, I told you I would have!".

Comment

First job paid me £25 a week

Comment

Lucky you Daz my first "salary" was £400...............................a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got £28 a month in me hand of which it cost me £20 a month in train and bus fares. Me mum provided my lunch and a £1 got me and the future Mrs P into the pictures(see 70's horror films thread) each week.
              The eyes have it!
              sigpic

Comment

i got £87 a week this was 1987 lol didnt have to pay board with the first paypacket cant remember what i spent it on to be honest would have got my bus pass and fags and most probably saved the rest, i remember my first xmas paypacket as we got paid for holidays i went to misterbyrite (i think it was called) and bought a leather jacket with topgun on it lol cost £120 only binned it end of last year unless i hid it somewhere as my other half told me to bin it hee hee
                Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

My first paypacket in 1980 was £15 takehome. £10 to my Mum and £8 fares to get to and from work. Needless to say I didn't stick to that career path lol!!

Comment

mine was about £7 in1969. Bought a model boat kit with it!

Comment

My first pay packet, £37.55. Got it on a Thursday. It should have been handed to me on a Friday for the first two weeks. Straight up the club on Friday night. (Don't tell anybody, I was under-age :cry
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Yes I remember pay in a brown packet with my first job paid weekly.Then the next job was a girocheque thing to cash weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                          What did you do with it ?

Bought a jacket ,went out that night and blew the lot!

Was horrified when I realised I was supposed to give some to my mam and also I should have kept some for bus fares to work etc.

Week three I lost the lot in betting shop before I even got home.

(nothing much has changed LOL )

Great post O.P! The first thing when I had "my own money" was by some hundred quid Trainers. This was the mid 1990s - such innocent happy day's indeed. Though after I thought I must've been crazy lol

80sChav

Comment

my first one was 27.50 gosh I use to run a car on that too god how times change
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

August 1983 started at Tesco part-time whilst at College, aged 16. First paypacket was £17 for 16 hours. I saved most of it and bought a pair of Puma Tiriac trainers the week after. Once i got to 18 though my wage was collected and pretty much blown on clubbing on the Saturday night.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X