Help needed for newspaper article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for newspaper article

I have been approached by a journalist who is producing an article for a national newspaper and he would like me to produce a top 10 list of childhood toys that people wish they could have back today and why they would like them.

What's your top 10?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Help needed for newspaper article

1 Pedigree Chatter Chimp, hours of fun, interactive a friend for life LOL
    2 palitoy Treehouse, came with lots of bits to keep me busy, and that genius lift.
    3 Speak and Spell, classic
    4 Weebles, wobble but they wont fall down
    5 Fisher Price Dolls House, opened up,loved the bell that really worked.
    6 Match Box School Play boot, again lots of working moving bits.
    7 Wendy House, great fun, caught the imagination, play house, shop, school the fun went on.
    8 Cuddley Golly- Every kid should have one.
    9 Big Yellow Tea Pot.
    10. Petite Office Activity Centre

Tried not to list toys that you can still get or have since been revived .
    Last edited by Heather74; 06-05-2008, 23:21.
    Heather

Comment

1. Johnny Seven : A mother of a plastic gun that fired stuff. Hours of politically incorrect fun for all ages!

2. Starbird : A electronic space ship with real motor noise and weapons fire. So noisy that every kid should have one!

3. Six Million Dollar Man Doll : He was the coolest, strongest, campest action man this side of John Barrowman. Every boy would want a man doll that lifts engines with a single ratchet of his arm!

4. Super Flightdeck : Fire a plastic plane up a wire, watch it turn and land it on the Flightdeck. Hours of fun for dad!

5. Ricochet Racers : Plastic cars fired along the ground from a cool looking space gun. Bring them back just to see kids adapt them into small firearms!

6. Proper Actionman : Fizzy hair and eagle eyes version not the poncy modern man version. Should make a comeback so kids of today can see what a hard bugger he was to try and break!

7. Remus Playkits : Assorted activity packs mainly sold in garages and service stations. Would keep today's kids amused for hours on car journeys and would stop mum and dad buying one of those expensive in car dvd jobbies!

8. TCR (Total Control Racing) : Lane switching car racing set, much better than scalectrix. Would keep junior joy riders happy for hours!

9. Up Periscope : World War Two submarine/ship battle game. Give a set to all the leaders of the world and let them fight their wars on that!

10. Big Trak : Programmable motorised truck. Bring it back but pimp it up a bit. Give it a wacking great big huge enormo set of tyres with pumped up suspension and flashing lights underneath. Oh and have it fitted with a cd player which stays on at full volume all the time waking up neighbours etc.
      Last edited by Ridgeaxe; 22-02-2008, 09:56.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys! Keep an eye out in the papers...

Comment

Any idea which of the nation's newsy papers the article will appear in? It's not the Daily Sport is it? :-)

Comment

Hope you'll be posting the finished article here, for all to see, just in case we miss it
            Heather

Comment

Well the only paper that I know ran the article is the Sun!
              http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article899521.ece

Thanks for your help

Comment

Excellent not at all suprised by the winner that was one fantastic toy.
                Heather

Comment

This is going to sound really sad but, I do not ever remember having any toys except a pile of dinky toys a cousin gave me and a red metal crane with a bucket on it. Its a long story, but my childhood didn't realy exist....

Comment

Working...
                  X