First "Grown-up" Drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First "Grown-up" Drink

What was your favourite or first Grown up drink ?

I used to go to parties where everyone had "Martini & Lemonade" Everytime I smell the stuff it takes me back 30 years!! (Yuk)

sigpic

Re: First "Grown-up" Drink

Wood Pecker Cider
    Heather

Comment

I am still partial to "half" pint of cider in the summer especially Magners with loads of ice!!
      sigpic

Comment

As a boy, I'd go mad for a port 'n' lemon. My mum used to enjoy one, and I'd be allowed one. Of course, it was one part port, and nine parts lemonade. But I loved it.

I wasn't really aware it was a drink for grown-ups, and one school holiday, I had about five lads in while my mum was out. We were nine years old, I'd say. Wanting to impress, I poured them all a port 'n' lemon. My mum went white, then red, when she came in to find us all swigging these drinks!!!

Usually, if I'd been naughty, she'd march me and my friends round their respective mothers to grass us all up. But this time, she just bustled us out of the house rather quietly. Hehe.

I had no idea of alcohol. To me, the drink was just a treat. But back then, I went mad for Rum Babas, the froth off my dad's beer, and (hehe) cider lollies. Plus, you could walk into the Co-Op, aged 9, and come out with a can of limeade 'n' lager. I also used to pretend I had stomach ache to get a cup of whisky and hot water with sugar in. And my parents were older and pretty conservative!!!! I guess that's the 70s for you.

Funnily enough, after all that, once I could start drinking, I never did. I'm 37 and haven't had a drink since I was 15!!!!

....Jamo

Comment

Babycham *hangs head in shame*
          If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Shandy Bass
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Snakebite n' Black
              Also Mad dog 20/20.

I'm on the occasional Ales now.
              I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

Pimms and lemonade
                didnt taste like alcohol

now i dont drink very often but almost anything except whisky
                Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Old English Cider at about 15 I think.

I was terribly ill and to this day I can't drink cider at all . Just the smell makes me feel ill.
                  Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                  But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha ... Snowballs at christmas !

Tried making them again a few years ago for the trip down memory lane ... Should have left em there ... Yuck!
                    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

home-made shandies

mum loved sherry, so often allowed to have a tipple with her

Top Deck ! Lager & Lime IIRC? Wasn't there another flavour..one can had a green flash,one had a yellow flash
                      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by koukou View Post
                        Babycham *hangs head in shame*
                        I hang my head in shame as well

Moved onto cider after that, then bacardi and coke and then I was sick. Yuk!!

Comment

Cherry wine. I still keep a few of the small bottles around for nostalgia moments...
                          I'm your duck

Comment

Probably a "snowball" as well although my gran use to make as our new year bottle which was rasberry cordial for the girls and ginger cordial for us boys. First proper pub drink was a black and tan of which I was a regular partaker in them far gone days. Don't know if I would fancy one now? certainly not the 9or 10 I would consume every week-end nite.
                            The eyes have it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Mine was advocaat and lemonade although only at new year parties or my grans at Xmas. You still get snowballs now in little green bottles from Morrisons in packs of 4. I was allowed a sip of my dads lager and used to pretend I loved it just to make me seem 'grown up' but in reality I thought it tasted like wee......No, I haven't tasted wee but I'm sure it must be similar lol My dad made dozens of bottles of this ginger wine stuff every Xmas, it was called yulade (sp?) and we had to drink bucket loads of the stuff. He still makes it now!
                              Last edited by Caz; 04-10-2008, 15:12. Reason: add on

Comment

Working...
                              X