Daffodils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daffodils

It may sound silly to some........ I can remember back in Primary school entering a compeition to grow the perfect daffodil. We had to buy the bulb at school, then take it home and grow it. Then the day came when you had to all take them back to school. A certificate would be given out for the best & runner-up.

Was this just a one off for my school, or can others remember doing this too?.... must have been early seventies.
    sigpic

Re: Daffodils

We did it with Sweetpeas in a Jar with the tissue and Sunflowers.
    Heather

Comment

all we did is the crest on the cotten wool, which i still do with the kids now, it grows a tiny bit then the cats come along and eat it,
      sigpic

Comment

Mine was a bean in a jar - put the bean between the side of the jar and a piece of blotting paper. Keep the blotting paper moist - watch it grow !!
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

We did something similiar with an onion - we had to chop the main part of the onion off and plant the upper part in a bed of wet cotton wool and after a few days watched the top of the onion sprout ... as kids we were amazed ...

Comment

Then there's this rather famous email that did the rounds of a project carried out at an Australian school......

Reason they're all still there - teacher didn't dare send them home with the kids !! *ROFL*
            Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
            <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

i wonder why LOL

ok when i first saw title of thread i thought maybe it would be about something else,

at the risk of making my self look stupid i'll share,
              ok i must have been a teenager maybe a little younger?
              but i got told u could eat daffodils apparently they are nice with syrup
              and yep i tried god knows how many i ate but i was sick,
              and now i'm allergic to daffodils found out just after i had my son in 1990
              when ever there was daffodils close by my top lip would tingle and then swell up i looked like donald duck lol,but now if i'm near any and feel my lip tingle i take anti histamines(sp) lol
              Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
              Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

I love daffodils because I am welsh.On St Davids day in primary school the girls would dress up in welsh costumes with a daffodils and the boys wore leeks.

I remember growing hyacinths in school they were colourful and had a nice scent to them.

But I love to see daffodils in gardens sign of springtime

Comment

Its St Davids day today I bought a bunch of daffodils in Morrisons last night for £1

Hope other fellow welsh people are celebrating today,going for a meal in a pub with traditional welsh dishes

Comment

I hate daffodils. I think they are such an ugly flower but.........they do signify that the better weather is on the way and that's definitely not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                      I hate daffodils. I think they are such an ugly flower but.........they do signify that the better weather is on the way and that's definitely not a bad thing.
                      I am the complete opposite love them especially the miniture ones their so pretty

Comment

They always remind me of ladies in bonnets like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bonnet1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	260508

Please someone tell me I'm not weird.....

Comment

So elegant and divine

Comment

Working...
                          X