Earthquake -In Sensaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake -In Sensaround

Who remembers the 70's cinema gimmick sensaround which was developed for the Motion picture Earthquake? I was lucky enough to see it at a theatre in Auckland that was equipped for the effect. I remember how nervous I felt when the sensaround Vibrations kicked in and remember lifting my feet off the floor because the vibrations coming through the floor boards were unnerving? I'm interested in others who saw this picture in the 70's and how they found the sensaround experience ?
    Last edited by sixtyten; 23-02-2008, 16:09.

Re: EaRtHqUaKe - INSENSERROUND

I remember it, I think they did the same for the movie Rollercoaster

Comment

Re: EaRtHqUaKe - INSENSERROUND

Yes they did but unfortunately I saw Rollercoaster at a smaller cinema that was not set up for Sensaround so it just wasn't the same. I did see Battle star Galactica in sensaround - I think that was that last movie to be done in sensesuround- I guess the novelty was wearing off by then and theatre owners were getting fed up with the plaster falling off their ceilings!
      Last edited by sixtyten; 23-02-2008, 16:10.

Comment

sensearound

Remember seeing earthquake, and your seats shook during the action bits, cant remember how they did it, or if any other film used it.

Comment

Re: Earthquake -In Sensaround

Earthquake was out the year before I started going to the cinema. I remember my dad taking me to see Rollercoaster at the ABC on Deansgate in Manchester and that did have sensurround (and a very young Helen Hunt).
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            I remember my dad taking me to see Rollercoaster at the ABC on Deansgate in Manchester and that did have sensurround (and a very young Helen Hunt).
            ...and Sparks

Comment

I have Rollercoaster on DVD
              Apparently Sparks consider this one of their most embarrassing moments

Comment

Yes but they also thought their first two albums weren't very good so it just goes to show how much they know

Comment

Battlestar Galactica was shown in Sensaround in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                  X