record booths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• record booths

Was watching Quadrophenia last week , Jimmy the Mod aka Phil Daniels went into a record booth.

I then had to explain to a member of the podcast generation that, in those days, not only did you buy an item that resembles a CD but larger and black with grooves on both sides but you could actually listen to it ( both sides if you liked) before you bought it.

Last time I remember sitting in one was getting 'Your baby ain't your baby any more' by Paul Davinci ( not for me,for this girl I was with at the time!)

My town had three differnt record shops with these booths in ,all gone now , anyone know if theres any left in UK?

If so , where?

Re: record booths

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Was watching Quadrophenia last week , Jimmy the Mod aka Phil Daniels went into a record booth.

I then had to explain to a member of the podcast generation that, in those days, not only did you buy an item that resembles a CD but larger and black with grooves on both sides but you could actually listen to it ( both sides if you liked) before you bought it.

Last time I remember sitting in one was getting 'Your baby ain't your baby any more' by Paul Davinci ( not for me,for this girl I was with at the time!)

My town had three differnt record shops with these booths in ,all gone now , anyone know if theres any left in UK?

If so , where?
    Wasn't Paul Da Vinci the bloke from the Rubettes?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      yeh, where Jimmy nicks the photo of the foxy lady!
      watched it twice in 2 weeks on Sky now...even though I've seen it dozens of times before!

such fab music (The Who in particular, but all the others too!)

I gather that the alleyway where Jimmy & Steph got it on is now a bit of a mecca for many fans of the film
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Paul Da Vinci was indeed the bloke from Rubettes, he left them to go it solo just as Sugar Baby Love started climbing up the charts, he stayed with the same format i.e. white caps and lots of 'oooh waah'

Comment

Working...
        X