What was this playset??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this playset??

This toy was a brown plastic shoe with a red roof. The whole shoe could be opened up (I think it was in the theme of 'There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, had so many children, didn't know what to do...' etc) to reveal either a house or a schoolroom inside. It was like a giant boot and came with people and furniture. Not sure if it was Fisher Price. The boot even had a lace on it that could be tied. Any info would be appreciated!

i remember this well, i had one i'm trying to find more info about it for you.
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i think i had one of these... it's probably in the loft. i'm a hoarder

Comment

]It is "Old Woman that live in a shoe" by Playskool...they have one on sell on ebay going for 9.99.... hoped this helped
        Last edited by Heather74; 06-09-2010, 23:36. Reason: removing dead ebay picture
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

that wasn't the one i was thinking of could be the one that tam is looking for though

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies! No, that shoe in the photo isn't the one...the one in my head may have been a later edition of it tho...and yes, now I think it may have been Playskool, not Fisher Price after all. The boot I remember was brown, plastic, red roof...I think it had a door in the toe and windows...oh my gosh, another flashback. Don't you love them! Hehe.

Comment

Yeah Gnarly boy, I'm a hoarder too....cannot part with any of my 80s childhood junk, hehe. Way too sentimental. I only wish I had a loft or an attic or sumthin....all my stuff is jammed in the top of a cupboard.

Hey, anyone remember the Kenner Tree House playset? Big green tree-dome thing that popped up and had a house inside with a lift that moved people up and down the tree trunk? Hehe, good times.

Comment

I think the door in the toe may have actually flipped outwards into stairs?? I'm on a roll here. The playset didn't have wheels either. Hmmm, I can feel another sleepless night coming on.

Comment

yes i remember the kenner tree house when i was looking for the boot that came up in the search!!! i know the one you mean with the boot i will find a picture today!!!

Comment

This is the only other one i found...it has a red roof...the toe opens up to where you can put little people in it and it laces...(laces are missing)
                    This one is made by Fisher Price (also it came with the little old lady, a b&w dog, one mean faced kid, and a couple of other little ppl
                    Last edited by childofthe80's; 15-06-2005, 00:32.
                    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

You're getting warmer....but that's not it. That looks much similar though to what I'm thinking of; maybe the one I'm thinking of did have wheels. Thanks for the pic and your help. The boot I remember was more early-mid 80s.

Comment

i know the one u mean but mine was yellow boot with red roof and the stairs came out and had two windows in the side,
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh i remember this it was kool, but our 2year old is well into the Early Learning stuff its kool and they've just brought out a space rocket, but when is Lego gonna bring out a Doctor Who range, now thats question!!!

Comment

Did any one have The Big Yellow Teapot? Same kind of thing as the boot.

Comment

I never but you see a lot on Ebay, my daughter was into the Weebles too, but they seem to have bit the dust too nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X