Woolworth's Photo Booths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woolworth's Photo Booths

I can remember in the seventies (on a Saturday) the thing to do was to put your 10p into the slot in Woolworths and have your pics taken with various friends, various people would jump in and out of the booth in between flashes! Then it was to see how many we could get in a booth at once.... then wait with baited breath while the pics were being "developed". All that fun for 10p!!
    sigpic

Re: Woolworth's Photo Booths

10p! I don't remember it being that cheap think it was 50p when I were a lad

Comment

Ahh!! I'm probably older than you Daz!! I wouldn't have had 50p to waste in those days LOL
      sigpic

Comment

My avatar pic comes from a marathon Woolies photobooth session back around '78-'79. Between us we spent about a fiver getting loads done. I'm sure I remember it being 50p, too.

Comment

Brings back many a happy memory, spending a Saturday morning in Woolies Photo boothes!! Love the avatar too.... I must dig some out LOL
          sigpic

Comment

It cost me half a crown last time was in one of those booths, then the strip of pics got snarled up coming out and couldn't get my money back.
            I had to write off to this address on a sticker and they ever bothered replying ( gits )

Comment

I remember one at our local woolworths.It was outside,and nobody ever got the chance to use it,as any local teen gang of punks,mods and rockers,would be waiting to stand outside it With the teen gangs,it was a case of '' would you jump in my grave as quick ''.If one gang so much as moved three steps away from it,the other gangs would gently jostle to get in there ( a bit like when they hung out at bus shelters ).Eventually,they were all moved on by the police after woolworths complained.An OUTSIDER turned up,and caused a fight.

Comment

Working...
              X