What in the world was this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world was this?

I remember going to Sydney for a day when I was about 5 and there was this weird toy on display in a mall that went like this: You had a mill-like structure that was built up on a hill above a pond. All this was moulded plastic, kinda boxy looking and not very big, about 28cm in height maybe. In the pond (no water in it) you put these little plastic silver fishes (there seemed to be about 15 of them and they were tiny)..this just gets weirder. And there's a conveyor belt that goes from the pond, up the hill and into the building...u put the fish on it and it carries them through the building on different devices like turnstiles and mill wheels, etc. Then the fish come put the other side of the building back into the pond I guess. Someone once told me they remembered this toy and they called it Mr Fishy Wishy's Magnificient Contraption or sumthin. I only ever saw this toy once, not sure if it was battery-operated or manually operated by winding something up. Anyways, if anyone knows anything about this toy, get back to me please!!! It's driving me nuts thinking about it.

Are you sure it wasn't just the jet-lag?

Comment

Hahahaha!

Well, no...cos I lived about 3 hours south of Sydney so we drove in the car :P Maybe I was on an acid trip. Who knows. But seriously, it sounds like a weird toy hey. Any help would be appreciated! Tam.

Comment

Working...
      X