Bunty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunty

Bunty was a girls' magazine that contained lots of comic strip, girly stories. Regularly there was a story about four girls all with the same name. I remember it was something like 'The Four Marys'. They were always getting up to some adventure or other. I was about 8 when I used to read it. Bunty would get delivered on a Saturday morning and I would race downstairs to pick it up. Then when I was finished my mam would read it after me.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Bunty

Ah happy memories! I still have some Bunty and Mandy annuals bit threadbare but none the less brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
      Bunty was a girls' magazine that contained lots of comic strip, girly stories. Regularly there was a story about four girls all with the same name. I remember it was something like 'The Four Marys'. They were always getting up to some adventure or other. I was about 8 when I used to read it. Bunty would get delivered on a Saturday morning and I would race downstairs to pick it up. Then when I was finished my mam would read it after me.

More...
      It was the four mary's.
      One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

I loved Bunty used to get mine on a mondays,I loved the stories about the 4 Marys
        On the back page you could cut out a paper model,and her clothes there was one every week,used to love doing that.Ended up having a good collection in a box,and they each had a name

Anyone else remember doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          I loved Bunty used to get mine on a mondays,I loved the stories about the 4 Marys
          On the back page you could cut out a paper model,and her clothes there was one every week,used to love doing that.Ended up having a good collection in a box,and they each had a name

Anyone else remember doing this?
          One of my fave things to do as a girl was to dress paper dolls with paper clothes! Simple times.
          I used to buy the books with press out ones all the time.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I was just talking about 'Bunty' on another thread. I too dressed her up in the paper clothes. Anyone remember 'Toots' and 'Tillie the Trier' comic strips? I mentioned on the other thread 'The Hall of Mirrors', a great story and 'A doll called Dinkydoo'. There was also a story in type called 'Little Miss Busy Fingers' about a girl who was living with a wicked aunt or someone while she worked as a seamstress. I remember another one about a girl in an orphanage with a wicked Mrs Crabstick looking after the children and an evil child called Becky' who'd keep getting the main character into trouble. Yeah, Bunty was a Saturday comic. I got Mandy during the week. My sister and I would fight to get Mandy first after school so my poor mother started buying Debbie too to solve the rows. then came Tracy. We'd pass them on to my cousin on a Sunday. She'd give us her Misty, which I particularly enjoyed.

Comment

I had bunty, it came on saturdays. Loved the four mary's I had some books of them too, think they were special summer holiday editions?

Comment

Originally posted by smurfie1 View Post
                I had bunty, it came on saturdays. Loved the four mary's I had some books of them too, think they were special summer holiday editions?
                They could've been the the little 'Bunty Libraries'..they'd be out monthly or every few months, I'm not sure. They'd usually be one long story in them. The other comics used to do them too. Dandy and Beano still do I think.

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

Comment